• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E6600 & Other Core 2 Duo's

loft

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
258
Anyone happen to know what the IHS is made out of on these processors? I was going to attempt to use LiquidMetal, but am afraid of the IHS possibly being made out aluminum.
 
It is copper underneath some kind of plating - but I don't know what that plating is. You could always lap it to the copper part.
 
This is true, but with my unsteady hands & carpal tunnel, I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

I'll do a little more looking around and see if I can find anything. Thanks for the reply!
 
Back
Top