• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

e6600 or e7400?

master noran

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,825
e6600 is going for 110$ canadian USED, and e7400 is 165$ canadian NEW. I will be overclocking on a gigabyte p43-ds3l. I'd just like to know which one is better for the money, I'm leaning towards the 7400 as it's new and I don't have to wait for it to ship unlike the other. Seller claims the 6600 has a warranty until this coming October. Will be using a Sythe Mugen cooler.

Thanks in advance
 
E7400, Mind asking what kind of overclocking your gonna do? You can probably get a cheaper chip if your not planning to do very high clocks.
 
My e7200 is running at 3.9GHz with no sweat (on air). 4GHz takes more voltage (and cooling) than I'm comfortable with... e7400 should do very well.
 
Warranty doesnt matter for you if you are gonna overclock. Overclock avoids the warranty.
 
I didin't know they could tell:confused: All the stores close by price the e7300 and e7200 the same as the e7400, as it was the only one that intel lowered the price on out of the 3 (I think). I don't want to go to high, I'm gonna try to go for 3.5. I don't want to go to high as my new case is lian li A05B, only 2, 120mm fans so it will get a little warm.
 
Just saw some user overclocks over at xs, and it clocked around 4.4ghz but with over 1.5V+.

He might of gotten a high vid e7400, but thats mehish to me.:(
 
I totally forgot about this thread. Incase anyone was wondering I ended up getting a e7400 and it ran at 4.0ghz with 1.36V for over a year until I sold it.

I would recommend a e7400 anyday.
 
I totally forgot about this thread. Incase anyone was wondering I ended up getting a e7400 and it ran at 4.0ghz with 1.36V for over a year until I sold it.

I would recommend a e7400 anyday.

A year too late don't you think?
 
Back
Top