E6600 or E6700?

streamliner

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
248
Which chip will have the better overclocking performance? Cost-wise the E6600 is the way to go but I'm wondering how much of a difference the multiplier has on overall overclocking headroom.

I'm probably going to stick to ol' air cooling at this point, so no crazy FSBs.
 
E6600 should be enough. However, i belive the 4MB version are being released on the 7th august.
 
evilmedic said:
E6600 should be enough. However, i belive the 4MB version are being released on the 7th august.

Are you pulling this out of your ass or do you actually know something?
 
Are you pulling this out of your ass or do you actually know something?

I think he was referring to a line out of the Anandtech review. There was a confusing sentence in there that made it sound like the 4mb processors wouldn't be available until august 7th...it could have also meant that they wouldn't be available from places like dell/gateway/etc until august 7th, and that they would be available OEM on the 24th, but I'm not sure.
 
00ber_m00 said:
I think he was referring to a line out of the Anandtech review. There was a confusing sentence in there that made it sound like the 4mb processors wouldn't be available until august 7th...it could have also meant that they wouldn't be available from places like dell/gateway/etc until august 7th, and that they would be available OEM on the 24th, but I'm not sure.


So of course no one knows...
 
bear in mind that I will be getting the chip gratis :) So cost or availability has no bearing on my purchase, I just want the best overclocker possible.
 
brucedeluxe169 said:
6600 for sure... anand got theirs to the same levels as their 6700
agreed. the overclocking vs price doesn't make the 67 worth it
 
streamliner said:
bear in mind that I will be getting the chip gratis :) So cost or availability has no bearing on my purchase, I just want the best overclocker possible.


You are getting it free and asking which one? Give me a fvckin break! /thread
 
streamliner said:
bear in mind that I will be getting the chip gratis :) So cost or availability has no bearing on my purchase, I just want the best overclocker possible.

Why even ask then?

Get the one with the higher number. Or are you just trying to brag?
 
Back
Top