• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

e6420 upgrade?

jedisme

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
141
Ok, I want to breathe some new life in my evga 680I. Currently using an E6420 (stock speed) I want to hopefully get a little more time out of this mobo before the I7 upgrade. I already have flashed the bios to the P32 (I think). I mainly use this computer for gaming and internet surfing.
The E6420 would not OC for crap the highest I could get it up to was 2.8 then, BSOD's and lockups would occur.
Recommend??
 
Ok, I want to breathe some new life in my evga 680I. Currently using an E6420 (stock speed) I want to hopefully get a little more time out of this mobo before the I7 upgrade. I already have flashed the bios to the P32 (I think). I mainly use this computer for gaming and internet surfing.
The E6420 would not OC for crap the highest I could get it up to was 2.8 then, BSOD's and lockups would occur.
Recommend??

I would try overclocking it again. What is the rest of your system?
 
OCZ reaper 800 mhz ram, Evga 9800 GTX, 700 watt ultra PSU. I think my PSU is a POS when I had the CPU overclocked and ran SLI this F'in PSU would blow some serious HOT air out the back.
 
Back
Top