E6300 Overclocks - Please Share Yours

heres my best at 3.9ghz with 1.57vcore and a freezer 7 pro cooler-

at 39.jpg

my chip is a L629B405

my board is a asus p5b-deluxe and the ram was patriot pc7200 2x512mb kit.

this chip is a good one,i normally run it at 3.5ghz with 1.325vcore(which is stock i believe)

i would do if i had the help of an expert:p.

its pretty good tho',i guess it was a suicide run kinda.

109% oc that was.i have managed to get it to finish science mark 2 at 3851,which was 550fsb with ram at 1100mhz 1:1,and vcore at 1.475 i think.i dont have good enough ram or cpu cooling to get it stable at that 3918mhz tho'.i am proud of that oc.even tho' its not prime stable,getting it to that speed on air is pretty impressive.i can bench it at 3851mhz tho'.it just seems to go up this chip.i nvr found the no post point on this chip,it was my mem that stopped me going higher,not the board or cpu.i do know i have a very good chip tho'

i just looked at the link you sent,my benchable speed is 1mhz higer than your no.1 spot:),so you dont need to try that much higher.

yes,a freezer 7 pro,im thinking of getting a tuniq tower or some other better air cooler.

any recommends?

yes,a freezer 7 pro,im thinking of getting a tuniq tower or some other better air cooler.

any recommends?

When did you buy this processor? You must be 1 lucky SOB for your E6300 that does 500fsb at default let alone your motherboard doing 560fsb.

I had to raise the voltage on North bridge on P5B to 1.4 volts to get it stable at 500fsb. I could only imagine 560fsb.

i bought this processor last year,i guess i was lucky.

the load temps were 61c running science mark 2 and about 50c idle.

i will be selling this chip in a couple of weeks,i am hoping to sell it as a pair with my p5b-deluxe board.any ideas how much i will get for them,they are a fantastic pair.

im not sure,but i'd kinda like a asus p5k-deluxe and a q6600.

so how much is my golden chip and board worth then.i can guarentee the chip to at least 3.9ghz on air at 1.57vcore.if someone has better ram than mine it WILL do more than 4ghz.i nvr got to the no post point on it at all,the only thing that stopped me going higher was my ram.with better cooling and better ram,who knows how high this baby will go.

I think you'd be lucky to get retail. Granted, it's a nice chip, but there are chips with more cache out and then the whole cheap quad core now... it makes it a tough sale.

I think you'd be lucky to get retail. Granted, it's a nice chip, but there are chips with more cache out and then the whole cheap quad core now... it makes it a tough sale.

Yet those processors cost much much more. If you want a overclocked system you can't do better than that. Although kind of scary FSB stressing his mobo.

Back