E6300 Overclock randomly restarting

Deathsp1t

n00b
Ok I am a little confused here.

I recently got a C2D E6300 and a gigabyte ds3 (F7 bios) then overclocked the E6300 to 3.0 Ghz. The system is stable and I can game on it for 5+ hours without problems.

That changed last week.

Now my computer is rebooting randomly with a BSOD then loading fail safe BIOS defaults.

Current FSB/Multiplier is 429 x 7
Vcore is 1.4v

My question is should i be looking towards the memory? I have 2 Gb of Corsair XMS2-6400 @ 1.9v stock. And when i over volt the memory sometimes the computer will not POST.

Any help or ideas on what to do are appreciated. :D

Run an orthos torture test for about 24 hours. If that crashes, first run memtest through a couple of passes, and then if that doesn't find anything, drop the overclock down a bit.

You might also reflash the bios here.

Flashing the BIOS might not be a bad idea. Sine the last time i flashed it using the updater tool that came with the mobo. Maybe I should do it the old fashion way :rolleyes:

Well i finally got the RAM to over volt, right now it is at 2.0v and so far so good. RAM speed in BIOS is 858 Mhz so it looks like only a 58Mhz overclock from stock, unless I am reading that wrong. But so far it is running ok, no re-boots. :D

I just had to open my big mouth....

5 minutes later it re-booted itself, this time with no blue screen.

Trying F8 bios...... and 2.1v

Deathsp1t said:
I just had to open my big mouth....

5 minutes later it re-booted itself, this time with no blue screen.

Trying F8 bios...... and 2.1v

why dont you try to up your CPU voltage a little bit.

Back