e6300, ip35pro, zalman cnps9700... can't lower fan speed

yallknowho

Weaksauce
I have the CPU fan low temp set to 40C and 40% voltage in the FanEQ control in bios... I'm running at like 21C and the fan is running at 2800 rpm making a lot of noise. Is there something I'm forgetting?

I have the CPU fan low temp set to 40C and 40% voltage in the FanEQ control in bios... I'm running at like 21C and the fan is running at 2800 rpm making a lot of noise. Is there something I'm forgetting?

Try powering down your power supply and clearing Cmos every time you change the settings in Bios. If it still doesnt work then Download latest Uguru and control fan eq there with the same settings as bios. The board is flaky when it comes to controlling fans but I find doing the same settings in both bios and uguru it works everytime.
"Fan EQ > Cpu Enabled

Latest December release

I got my CPU fan with Yate Loon High Speed set to

28C at 40% voltage

42 C High 100% Voltage

Through the Antec bios, you can't reduce the fan voltage below 8v (regardless of what it says) or ~65%. With the uGuru software, you can reduce the fan voltage (and therefore speed) further to 6v (~50%). Once you've done that, you can uninstall the uGuru software.

Back