• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E5200 overclocking

hiodie

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
900
Just finished a budget build for my office (grad student) and I have an E5200 paired with a Biostar TP43D2-A7 board (although I have read people saying they received a TP45D2 instead, and CPU-Z shows the mobo as P45, but I haven't bothered checking the writing on the mobo...but back to the topic at hand). I built it at home and got a stable oc at 3.6 (12.5 * 290) at +15% voltage - the BIOS options suck on this board, which should be 1.38V. When I took it to my office, it failed Intel Burn Test almost immediately. The temperature in the office is probably ~6-8 deg F warmer than at my house, but is that all that is really causing it? Realtemp only shows 60 deg C before my computer restarts, and I have a hard time thinking its temperature related (TJMAX = 100C). I had to lower it to +10% voltage and FSB at 275 (3.4 GHz) to finally get a stable clock, and it hits 59C in Intel Burn. Is there something I'm overlooking or is it just shutting down due to thermals?

Other specs: OCZ PC2-8500 ram @ 870 (for FSB = 290), 2.2V, Chipset Voltage + 0.20, and I forgot the name of the other option...FSB maybe? +0.10V. TIA
 
The CPU should not shut off until it has exceeded a temperature of 100C. I would think that the issue is something else.
 
Maybe. I suggest you play around with the other voltages and see if you can get it stable. VTT might help a lot.
 
Yeah...I upped the VTT to +0.20V and got 3.63 stable. Do you know a program to monitor voltages such as VTT & NB/SB in windows? Does Everest allow this?
 
I'm not familiar with software to monitor voltages, although it doesn't really matter since you won't get accurate readings from any of them anyway.
 
Back
Top