• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E4400 clocks and temps

Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
2,364
I've got an E4400 Allendale Core2duo. Stock clock speed is 2.0Ghz. Right now I'm running it at 2.7Ghz with the stock vcore of 1.325v.

cpuzlg5.png


Here is my temp at idle:

idlemg2.png


And under load:

loadbr0.png


Been running with this config for a while and it's stable. It's been hard to find good info about safe temps for the E4400. There was some snafu about a year ago dealing with improper readings with Coretemp and other apps, so when I go to look for info it's usually about that. Can I go higher? I'd love to hit 3.0Ghz at stock vcore. I honestly can't remember what HSF I'm using, but I think it's a copper Coolermaster or something.
 
you should turn that energy saving function off...and keep it at 2.7ghz at all time.
 
Safe temps are anything under 70C really. As for the confusion about the proper Tjmax, it really doesn't make all that much of a difference as long as you maintain a safe distance to Tjmax. ~30C distance is enough. You should concern yourself with voltages more than temperatures anyway, since you can kill a chip with too much voltage but you can't cause damage with high temperatures since the CPU will just shut off. Keep things below 1.5v and you'll be golden.

you should turn that energy saving function off...and keep it at 2.7ghz at all time.

There's absolutely no reason for him to do that. In fact, it would be pretty stupid considering all it would accomplish is wasting energy.
 
Safe temps are anything under 70C really. As for the confusion about the proper Tjmax, it really doesn't make all that much of a difference as long as you maintain a safe distance to Tjmax. ~30C distance is enough. You should concern yourself with voltages more than temperatures anyway, since you can kill a chip with too much voltage but you can't cause damage with high temperatures since the CPU will just shut off. Keep things below 1.5v and you'll be golden.



There's absolutely no reason for him to do that. In fact, it would be pretty stupid considering all it would accomplish is wasting energy.

Thanks for the info. I'm running at stock voltage so I'm OK there. The system is completely stable. Been going for over a week playing TF2 and running Prime95. Seems like my chip is a good OCer yet my cooling isn't so great as I'm already near the thermal ceiling. I guess 2.7Ghz is where I stay unless I get a better HSF. I went through my Newegg order history and looks like I got a Cooler Master Hyper TX2. Is the expense and massive effort needed to physically install a new HSF worth it for some more Mhz?
 
Yes you can easily hit 3.3ghz my E4500 with just a AC7 cooler hits 3.3ghz and can do 3.5 bench stable.
but temps were too high for my tastes but yeah really get something like this and
if you get that make sure to get this to make it much more easy to install.
 
I really miss Socket A/370 clips. Bam, bam, done. This new crap is not worth the effort sometimes. Hell, on some of these you have to completely remove the motherboard just to upgrade the HSF. :mad:
 
Back
Top