e4300 release date?

I've heard both the 19th and the 21st. If either are close, then there's only about a week to go. Of course you might want to wait till the price gouging stops, since the sites I looked at are listing it at about the same price as the 6300.

Yeah I've been seeing 21st as the date, but who knows...I'm guessing sometime before the end of January.

Every last online store has them listed higher than the E6300. If you can wait a couple of months, they will drop to $113 when the E4400 shows up at $133. Also, I read somewhere they might drop below $100 when the Pentium 2000s are released in Q3 or Q4.

Yeah I've been seeing 21st as the date, but who knows...I'm guessing sometime before the end of January.

Every last online store has them listed higher than the E6300. If you can wait a couple of months, they will drop to $113 when the E4400 shows up at $133. Also, I read somewhere they might drop below $100 when the Pentium 2000s are released in Q3 or Q4.

I'm sure they'll drop the day they're actually released (unless they're sold out). Weren't the Core2 CPUs cheaper when they were released than they are now or were 6300's over 200?

Yes I remember the E6300 prices $220-230 at some e-tailers. Just this is a new physical design, so I'm sure there is somewhat of a shortage which creates supply and demand. Give Intel a week or two to start cranking them out on a regular basis and they will go down to $163 or whatever. Give them a couple months to knock off that $50.

I'm thinking about waiting for the E4400 if I can wait that long.

I need to build a rig for me and my dad pretty soon, so I'll probably buy them up quickly. No point waiting till Q3 or Q4 for the price to drop, by then something better will be out.

Yes I remember the E6300 prices $220-230 at some e-tailers. Just this is a new physical design, so I'm sure there is somewhat of a shortage which creates supply and demand. Give Intel a week or two to start cranking them out on a regular basis and they will go down to $163 or whatever. Give them a couple months to knock off that $50.

I'm thinking about waiting for the E4400 if I can wait that long.

i'll probably be waiting until that good ole tax refund comes into town before upgrading. right now, i'm just trying to salvage an old P3 system for some basic internet/music stuff.

all the parts i just purchased (case/PS/wireless) will be carried over to the new build, and the hit that i take making the big upgrade wont seem as hard.

the 4300 at $113 will be just too good to pass up IMO....unless AMD starts showing their cards at around that time.

haha, is that so bad?

but it did answer the question

i could say
that is correct unless amd releases a grand product

or

yep

the 4300 at $113 will be just too good to pass up IMO....unless AMD starts showing their cards at around that time.

$113? Where'd you see something that said that price? I know when it's released it's expected to be $160-ish, but after what, the second quarter the price cuts would bring it down to the $115-ish level.

So you're going to wait to get one?

Any links to where you are seeing these listed?

Has anyone noticed the E6300 price has risen in the last few days?? I just checked NewEgg and the price is up to 195.00 now. It was like 180-something last week...vierd.

EDIT::: Tiger Direct just listed the E4300 in stock on their site for 179.99 ..Let the madness begin.. I think I'll wait.

$113? Where'd you see something that said that price? I know when it's released it's expected to be $160-ish, but after what, the second quarter the price cuts would bring it down to the $115-ish level.

So you're going to wait to get one?

yeah, probably Aprilish or so.

TigerDirect says that it is 1.6 GHz...I think I'll wait for Newegg (or Q2, more accurately)

according to an article on Anandtech the price of the 4300 will drop to $133 in Q2, I believe so if I read correctly

The price of the E4400 will be $133; the price of the 4300 will drop to $113. But that's far away (relatively speaking) in Q2 and the price should come down to the $160s in a couple weeks.

The E4300 still has a higher multiplier than the E6400, so once you pump the FSB by 66, you have yourself a 2MB cache E6600.

A bunch of vendors are showing it as in stock now. About $180 shipped at Page Computer and Tiger Direct (both with terrible reseller ratings) and $195 shipped at ZZF.

I really want to order from NewEgg and I'm shocked they don't have it for sale if these other guys do...

A bunch of vendors are showing it as in stock now. About $180 shipped at Page Computer and Tiger Direct (both with terrible reseller ratings) and $195 shipped at ZZF.

I really want to order from NewEgg and I'm shocked they don't have it for sale if these other guys do...

Maybe they don't. Maybe they're just taking orders and will ship it out friday or monday.

Either way I won't buy at these prices.....not yet.

Since i'm upgrading sooner rather then later, I'll grab one once Fry's has a bundle w/ a MB....

Back