E4300 Multi...

jbmx4life

2[H]4U
Has anyone been able to change the multi on the E4300? I decided to try and go 375*8 vs. the 333*9 that I was running so that I could get my memory closer to spec. In doing so I was having problems with getting WinXP to load and I thought that it was the mobo chipset acting up at first but it turned out that I needed to crank 1.45 vcore into the chip just to get it to finish loading WinXP. When I finally got into WinXP I loaded up CPU-Z only to see that it was still running the 9x multi even tho I had set it to 8x in the BIOS. Right now I have the BIOS set @ 333*6 and it is still being read as 333*9. I am thinking that it is something with the chip and not the motherboard tho.

It sounds like the bios in your motherboard is causing the problem.

What kind of board are you using?

You might be able to run something like MemTest86+ which would bypass Windows to isolate what's causing the problem.

CrystalCPUID lets you adjust the multiplier on the fly on some boards from within Windows.

I know cpu-z reads default multi even if you drop it in bios. What does core temp say?

Same...

I have been trying now for over an hour to get a Beta BIOS flashed into the mobo that *MIGHT* correct the problem but I am failing at getting that flashed in also. Something is not right here...:confused:

I was not able to successfully change the multi on my E4300 on a P5B Deluxe either. Although in my case any time I set a custom multiplier it would just hang in the POST. Not sure if that was the MB or the chip.

Back