E3

im getting one. cant wait honestly. just cuz of the final fantasy games. some of the games looks cheasy, but 8 days looked fuckin crazy. cant wait til Nov 11.

Carbon_Le said:
Im just glad the controller design is similar to the old ps controllers.

Amen to that. They lose some points for originality I suppose, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

ne0-reloaded said:
im getting one. cant wait honestly. just cuz of the final fantasy games. some of the games looks cheasy, but 8 days looked fuckin crazy. cant wait til Nov 11.
You mean 17th.

It's being released in Japan on the 11th, everywhere else on the 17th... and I'm definitely getting a $600 model. First in line baby!

For the extra $100 you better get more than just an extra 40GB on the HDD.

The18thLetter said:
You mean 17th.

It's being released in Japan on the 11th, everywhere else on the 17th... and I'm definitely getting a $600 model. First in line baby!

You'll be first i be second i guess...cant wait only 5 more months.

dotK said:
For the extra $100 you better get more than just an extra 40GB on the HDD.

Yeah if its just the 40 gig HDD I won't be getting the upgrade. I'm pretty sure they've already said they want you to be able to mod it with your own HDD if you want, which would offer more than a 40 gig upgrade for 100 bucks.

*marks nov17 as the date to earn twice his investment on his PS3 off of ebay*

hooray for money towards other things!

For every person who does not buy a PS3, 5 people will buy it for FF and remakes.

Did anyone else see the psp as the rearview mirror for formula 1....that had me in AWWW.

Carbon_Le said:
Did anyone else see the psp as the rearview mirror for formula 1....that had me in AWWW.
lol yeah that was pretty cool.

Not like I would use it, but that's still really, really cool.

...and I just realized... so much for a PSP with a built-in harddrive. :(
Sigh.

And so it begins with the "so much for the Wii" comments. Sony spends a few months after the announcement of the Wii controller trying to copy it to some degree... whatever. The PS3 one probably just recognizes tilting with the gyroscope and I really doubt it provides full 3D control like the Wiimote will. It's not even comparable, but I guess it doesn't have to be. Sony has already got people thinking that they've neutralized Nintendo's advantage. Now let's see if MS pulls the same nonsense.

Also, $500-$600 is damn expensive considering the 360 is $300-$400 and the Wii is under $300. The Blu-Ray drive is hardly justification. There isn't exactly a massive movie library available for the format right now. And there's a chance there never will be. Even if there is, standalone players will be far cheaper by then anyway. Remember, DVD players used to be high cost items too and it's easy to find them for maybe $20 now.

Overall, nothing interesting out of Sony in my opinion... but then, I didn't expect there to be. Better looking sequels, yada yada yada... I haven't wanted any FF, MGS, GT, etc. games to this point and a new coat of paint isn't going to change anything.

Erasmus354 said:
Well I think they have all but confirmed that playing games online will not be free. Considering it was not in the list of features that Kaz said would be included free of charge. If they were offering online gameplay for free I am sure they would be screaming it at the top of their lungs.

So basically Sony Online = Xbox Live + Video Chat (if you have eyetoy)

didn't MS state that their "eye toy" thingy would also support video chat online? (and some in game, depending on the game?)

Great, I can see it now - get invites from some 18-19 year old skank begging you to come and watch their "video chat" for the low low price of 1,500 xboxlive credits!!!

Hahah Sony is finished, what a disastrous conference. Totally did not live up to the BS of last year, best looking game was heavenly sword which only looked good. Also, 500 & 600 dollars is too expensive for a gaming console, i don't care if it comes with BlueRay it won't sell through the mainstream. Oh and did you guys see that 8-days thing? they put a fake hud over the FMV to fool people into thinking it was gameplay!! how dare they!

Qwertyman said:
that's me! Also GTA, other RPGS, and GT5.

Sony made NO GTA announcement yesterday and there are rumors floating around MS landed it as an exclusive.

Molgera said:
And so it begins with the "so much for the Wii" comments. Sony spends a few months after the announcement of the Wii controller trying to copy it to some degree... whatever. The PS3 one probably just recognizes tilting with the gyroscope and I really doubt it provides full 3D control like the Wiimote will. It's not even comparable, but I guess it doesn't have to be. Sony has already got people thinking that they've neutralized Nintendo's advantage. Now let's see if MS pulls the same nonsense.

Also, $500-$600 is damn expensive considering the 360 is $300-$400 and the Wii is under $300. The Blu-Ray drive is hardly justification. There isn't exactly a massive movie library available for the format right now. And there's a chance there never will be. Even if there is, standalone players will be far cheaper by then anyway. Remember, DVD players used to be high cost items too and it's easy to find them for maybe $20 now.

Overall, nothing interesting out of Sony in my opinion... but then, I didn't expect there to be. Better looking sequels, yada yada yada... I haven't wanted any FF, MGS, GT, etc. games to this point and a new coat of paint isn't going to change anything.
The time when standalone players will be cheaper, the PS3 will also be down to $200.

toelessfoot said:
Hahah Sony is finished, what a disastrous conference. Totally did not live up to the BS of last year, best looking game was heavenly sword which only looked good. Also, 500 & 600 dollars is too expensive for a gaming console, i don't care if it comes with BlueRay it won't sell through the mainstream. Oh and did you guys see that 8-days thing? they put a fake hud over the FMV to fool people into thinking it was gameplay!! how dare they!
What proof do you have that it isn't gameplay?

Banko said:
What proof do you have that it isn't gameplay?
It didn't look real. To me, anyways. Kind of reminded me of those fake games you see in movies or commercials... like in Inside Man, the game the kid is playing on his PSP. That's what it reminded me of.

The only games that got me hyped were Heavenly Sword (looks freakin awesome), Warhawk (of course), the Final Fantasies, Getaway, and Tekken.

I wouldn't call it a disaster of a conference, but it wasn't that great, either... with the exception of the above games, of course. :)

I doubt Microsoft will do any better this year. The paid actors in the crowd will be screamin and hollerin to Halo 3, but what else do they have this year? Charts of X360 sales, Halo 3, more Brute Force 2, err... I mean Gears of War... and what else? -snore-

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's conference, though. DS Lite Mini anyone? lol jp

Back