• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E3 Tickets 2010

Kenjiwing

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
3,736
Looking to go to a convention this year and I figured E3 was a great one to go to.

I'm hoping there will be some people here who have attended.. because the website is confusing me a bit.

I understand that its $400 per person for a pass to the convention but my question is.. is a job in the gaming industry required? I know it said for the industry pass it was but for the expo $400 pass it did not say that.

Any help on this is great..

This is the part that is confusing me

e3 said:
Expo Pass

For those wishing to attend and who are not directly employed in the industry but are professionally affiliated with it, the price for a three-day floor pass is $400 prior to May 3, 2010, and $500 after that date.
 
In the past, professionally affiliated was generally for stuff like retail, industry related students, media, etc., but you could probably find a way in through other means. You have to remember that GDC and E3 are both industry shows in the sense that they are there for a lot of companies to drum up PR through the media for their upcoming retail product, with shows likes CES reserved for public showing.

That being said, PAX in August (and probably the upcoming PAX East) are the de facto public showing for the industry now.
 
I have always wanted to go to E3, but that was before it kind of changed...

But I would still be up for going, but I don't really feel like having to fake some gaming work paystub's to get in...

Maybe I will go to CES or PAX...Are those really just as good as E3?
 
Back
Top