e3 mgs worse than tgs trailer?

ne0-reloaded

[H]ard|Gawd
i watched the trailer shown at e3, then i went and watched the older one from tgs and man the game doesn't as good. the colors, textures, even the animations didn't look as good. i only watched the trailer once so maybe its just me. i just really wasn't impressed by how it looked at all

I was really disappointed with the graphical presentation.

Unless Kojima wanted to show the limitless ability of the PS3 to show 14 million variations of the color grey on-screen at once.

Seriously, it reminded me of the first GRAW with better textures. I really expected more out of this game.

With that said, I'll still buy it and I'm sure the story will be interesting.

I was really disappointed with the graphical presentation.

Unless Kojima wanted to show the limitless ability of the PS3 to show 14 million variations of the color grey on-screen at once.

Seriously, it reminded me of the first GRAW with better textures. I really expected more out of this game.

With that said, I'll still buy it and I'm sure the story will be interesting.

And the new gameplay with that crazy camo suit.

The erotic dancing at the end of the trailer was the highlight of the 2007 trailer. Without that you have NOTHING! :D

I didn’t find the graphics overwhelming but they certainly weren’t bad either.

MGS has always been about the story and the gameplay to me; if I want a graphical masterpiece I will go play Crysis.

Just my $0.02

MGS has always been about the story and the gameplay to me; if I want a graphical masterpiece I will go play Crysis.

Just my $0.02

I'm sure the gameplay and story will be solid but with the way Kojima was talking up the limitless potential of the PS3, I expected more impressive visuals.

I thought the same thing. It's not that it looks bad, but nothign as ground breaking as they kept pushing it to be.

Can you post a link to both as to compare, as I have not seen the tgs one?
Thanks.

im at work right now and most the game sites are blocked, but im pretty sure you can dl the hd version from gametrailers.com

Just my $0.02

coming from the console world primarily (played my first pc game in like 2001 or so) mgs 1 and 2 were graphical power houses in its day. i remember my jaw hitting the floor when i seen the commercials for mgs 1 years ago.

everyone know the story is gonna be great, no questions asked. but comparin the trailers, it just wasnt that impressive.

im still getting it the day it comes out tho. i really have to beat mgs3 so i can get the whole story

Only problem (imo) is that the MGS story line is fucking retarded...as game it was pretty decent, but I was going WTF the whole time playing it on the Xbox and how convoluted the story was. I know you have to suspend some reality, but I thought they went overboard with that creative license.

Only problem (imo) is that the MGS story line is fucking retarded...as game it was pretty decent, but I was going WTF the whole time playing it on the Xbox and how convoluted the story was. I know you have to suspend some reality, but I thought they went overboard with that creative license.

Oh you picked the worst one to start from. MGS 1 on PS1 and MGS3 were a whole lot better. They do make you suspend belief, but not so much that you have to pretend there is a mad bomber on rollerskates :D

TGS MGS4 Snake:
misc_mgs4_screenshot.jpg

E3 07 MGS4 Snake:
660fgjs.jpg

4q3a4nl.jpg

looks pretty much the same to me, maybe different shade of lighting and small model adjustments (brown straps on the suit).

by know everyone should know screenshots don't tell the true story. watching both trailers in motion is the only way tell the difference

I haven't seen all the previous trailers (never knew there were 6 of them before this!) but this new one is friggin amazing. Look at that fight scene between Raiden and Vamp! Holy sh*t!!! I'll buy two PS3's just for this game!

P.S. The almost black and white look makes the game much more gritty. It fits the whole depressing mood of the setting perfectly.

Best game ever? I think so!

Look at that fight scene between Raiden and Vamp! Holy sh*t!!! I'll buy two PS3's just for this game!
It's funny, I'm a fan and I thought that fight scene was terrible. (See my erotic dancing comment above). More than how over the top and corny it was, I'm annoyed because I know that my control of a character wont let me do anything like that.

Stupid cutscenes. SHOW US HOW IT PLAYS!

It's funny, I'm a fan and I thought that fight scene was terrible. (See my erotic dancing comment above). More than how over the top and corny it was, I'm annoyed because I know that my control of a character wont let me do anything like that.

Stupid cutscenes. SHOW US HOW IT PLAYS!

The MGS series features a fat man on roller skates as a boss, with the name "Fatman." NEVER call it over the top and corny. :p

Seriously though, that scene gave me goosebumps! Much better than any of the fight scenes in Transformers.

Snake looks way better after looking at the before and after screenshots. I hope someone puts a comparison video up though, just like what happened with killzone.

It looks like they cleaned up the models a bit and turned up the AA.

Yea it does.

My thing is this game still looks way to good. I don't don't see the graphics ending up this good in the real game. At least not in a huge world to explore and everything. I hope I'm wrong and this is insane like they are claiming. Only time will tell I guess. Maybe I just have a real bad taste in my mouth after Mobile Suit Gundam and what the early vids were of it. Yes I know mgs was show "live" where they were controlling the camera and everything(haven't seen the new video) but I just have this bad feeling.

I thought it was quite impressive and would make an awesome anime/movie. just can't wait to see what the actual game play looks like. The fight scene was spectacular, but honestly in a video game I want to take part in such a cool battle instead of having to just watch it.

The MGS series features a fat man on roller skates as a boss, with the name "Fatman." NEVER call it over the top and corny. :p

Seriously though, that scene gave me goosebumps! Much better than any of the fight scenes in Transformers.

Considering the fight scenes in Transformers, that's not a ringing endorsement. They kinda sucked.

If you said better than the lightsabre fight in Episode I, that would be amazing. Of course, you'd also be crazy for saying that.

Kojima is infamous for only using the ingame engine for cut scenes so it would be a surprise for me if it was any less than that. I have high expectations from kojima so ya :D.

Back