Armenius

Extremely [H]
The ESA, trying to improve their image, has published a short blog post detailing how they're changing E3 for this year and the years ahead. In doing so, they completely miss the reason why consumers and game companies are bowing out from participating in the annual convention. They apparently want to attract younger people by inviting even more "celebrities" and letting "tastemakers" reinvigorate the show.
https://www.theesa.com/statements/e3-2020-a-sneak-peek-at-the-year-ahead/

I remember being excited for E3 before the internet, or rather before more content was available on the internet. Now everything is shown immediately online through photos and videos of what is coming up and previews of games. Like with E3 I always just check the YouTube clips of the games that interest me the following day.

I remember being excited for E3 before the internet, or rather before more content was available on the internet. Now everything is shown immediately online through photos and videos of what is coming up and previews of games. Like with E3 I always just check the YouTube clips of the games that interest me the following day.
I feel the same way. I was always excited to get the Gamepro after E3 to get all the juicy details. It makes sense that there are so many who are backing out of the expo as information can be disseminated much easier and cheaper directly to the people now instead of having to wine and dine intermediaries who more likely than not are going to warp your messaging these days.

Back