E3 2012 General thread, Live Streams and Info.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
Gametrailers stream (LIve now):
http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html?xrs=synd_twitter_E3

(Links taken from Optical-Matrix on gt forum):

EA: Official Stream http://www.ea.com/e3

Ubisoft: Official Stream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKRWubusKBU

Konami: Official Stream http://konami.com/e3/battle/

Nintendo: Official Stream http://e3.nintendo.com/

Sony: Official Stream http://www.ustream.tv/playstation

Ed Boon on the GT stream atm showing the DC fighting game.

Game Reveal trailers:
Zeno Clash 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdgrZ5zDGk

June 5th, discussion with Wii hardware producer. I'm gonna be pissed if someone doesn't release their next-gen console hardware specs. I wanna know what these people are using.

Watched somw of the EA stream. Disappointed that BioWare only talked about TOR.

Watched somw of the EA stream. Disappointed that BioWare only talked about TOR.

He should have just come out with a big sign that pleaded people to pretty please buy their failing game.

He should have just come out with a big sign that pleaded people to pretty please buy their failing game.

lol, the crowd sure wasn't jazzed about SWTOR.

EA's presentation was not that great on the whole. I liked seeing Sim City and DS looks okay, but it's a shame they spent so much time on sports titles.

Apparently no new franchises either.

lol, the crowd sure wasn't jazzed about SWTOR.

EA's presentation was not that great on the whole. I liked seeing Sim City and DS looks okay, but it's a shame they spent so much time on sports titles.

Apparently no new franchises either.

Dead Space was kind of underwhelming for me. I'm really not fond of the idea of forced co-op/AI partners in games, not with how bad AI generally is.

Dead Space was kind of underwhelming for me. I'm really not fond of the idea of forced co-op/AI partners in games, not with how bad AI generally is.

Is that what they're doing? Damnit, not everything needs to be MP/Co-op, etc. DS series was about being alone and scared as hell...having some wisecracking sidekick will destroy the whole feel.

Yeah, I don't see how the DS formula can survive multiplayer. It doesn't help that the trailer looked like Gears of Lost Planet.

MAYBE it could be a L4D style MP...that actually might work. But don't mess with the SP.

Wow, I really hope that's not the way this is going to be. If it is I hope there's enough of an outcry that it gets adjusted and fixed.

I'd read in another thread someone saying it was drop in/drop out style like it was a matter of fact.

Do we know for sure how this is going to be implemented yet?

Wow, I really hope that's not the way this is going to be. If it is I hope there's enough of an outcry that it gets adjusted and fixed.

I'd read in another thread someone saying it was drop in/drop out style like it was a matter of fact.

Do we know for sure how this is going to be implemented yet?

From what they showed it looks like John will be there the whole time. I hope not but I'm not expecting much from this one.

On a better note: Wow Ubisoft. Good conference.

Seriously. The Ubisoft haters are going to be eating crow on this Watch Dogs game. Holy shit!

Wow, I stopped watching at the eSport thing. Shame I did. That Watch Dogs video is absurd. Very very interesting.

Wow, I stopped watching at the eSport thing. Shame I did. That Watch Dogs video is absurd. Very very interesting.

Amazing.

Sony's conference is next. I expect they're going to have a good showing, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Watch Dogs Game Demo Video

Wow. My pants are wet. I'll be seeing this in my dreams.

Ubisoft's conference is going to be a tough act to follow. They won today for sure. Hands down.

Damn QBz, that was sick.
I'm on the Ubisoft hate train fo life, but that was shit was pretty badass, if they can get it to animate/interact like that in real time. Haven't looked at anything on this game, but I'm guessing its not coming out for a while right? The video seems like a 'work of concept', video, but very well made.

Damn QBz, that was sick.
I'm on the Ubisoft hate train fo life, but that was shit was pretty badass, if they can get it to animate/interact like that in real time. Haven't looked at anything on this game, but I'm guessing its not coming out for a while right? The video seems like a 'work of concept', video, but very well made.

Ubisoft Montreal has been working on it for two years so we may see it sooner than we think.

I don't know how much more you're going to want to see before you realize that hate train has already crashed into a brick wall. ;)

Just watched it again. At first I thought it looked like Darren Aronofsky's Pi infused with GTA, but on second viewing I'm not so sure. It looks like it takes influence from several sources. This is a very exciting title.

Just watched it again. At first I thought it looked like Darren Aronofsky's Pi infused with GTA, but on second viewing I'm not so sure. It looks like it takes influence from several sources. This is a very exciting title.

I've seen enough to lock that sale down.

Ubisoft Montreal has been working on it for two years so we may see it sooner than we think.

I don't know how much more you're going to want to see before you realize that hate train has already crashed into a brick wall. ;)

I play PC games, man. Our train found new rails. :)
I will follow this, just to see if Ubi whispers a PC port and how they do it of course.....but who knows, WiiU launch title? Maybe one of the others will impress me this next round? I'm not opposed to consoles, just this last generation.

Indeed, they have my attention.

I play PC games, man. Our train found new rails. :)
I will follow this, just to see if Ubi whispers a PC port and how they do it of course.....but who knows, WiiU launch title?
It does seem like kind of a natural fit. They could put the hack menu on the controller touchpad for quick access.

Yeah Wonderbook, a blank piece of white plastic that shows up on the TV screen with AVR graphics. And the live demo isn't working. They could have done this with the Move controller/PS Eye and [any flat white surface]. Perfect for the E3 crowd...

Last edited:
Sony fail. Ugh...was really hoping for something cool. Xbox didn't have crap either...

Guess its up to Nintendo, but I doubt it as they haven't impressed me since the original Wii announcement.

Watch Dogs is the only thing really interesting so far....and I hate that it is a Ubisoft product.

Sony fail. Ugh...was really hoping for something cool. Xbox didn't have crap either...

Guess its up to Nintendo, but I doubt it as they haven't impressed me since the original Wii announcement.

Watch Dogs is the only thing really interesting so far....and I hate that it is a Ubisoft product.

agreed but you have to include The Last of Us that looks awsome. Nintendo batter up tomorrow.

Who do these companies have to set up these things? Last few years every conference has been horrible. No one is interested in kiddy shit or long drawn-out crap or cell phone stuff. The only things these companies should be showing off are: Games, Hardware, and accessories. And don't send people out that are just going to make lame jokes. I still remember Nintendos E3 2004 conference, THAT was awesome!

This is probably the worst E3 I can think of. Really no surprises, tons of sequels, stupid peripherals, cell phone and cell phone integration people weren't exactly asking for...

Halo 4, Watch Dogs, and Beyond look cool. Not much else besides that. I think Nintendo is going to be a big letdown unless they announce inexpensive pricing for the Wii U.

mFUxG.gif

Considering how well Nintendo's press conferences have been the past few years, I'm not holding out much hope for them having a great showing. Maybe they'll surprise me though.

You people really have to remember that E3 isn't for the gamers. It is a trade show not a convention. The purpose of E3 is not to cater to "core gamers" but to show off new and upcoming product to retailers to get them excited about selling these things. The only reason there is any focus on gamers at all from this thing is that a lot of us enjoy watching to hear news live but we should stop expecting them to cater it to us.

You people really have to remember that E3 isn't for the gamers. It is a trade show not a convention. The purpose of E3 is not to cater to "core gamers" but to show off new and upcoming product to retailers to get them excited about selling these things. The only reason there is any focus on gamers at all from this thing is that a lot of us enjoy watching to hear news live but we should stop expecting them to cater it to us.

But if they can't get us excited then how will they get retailers excited?

Back