E3 2007 COD4 Video--NEW!!

Dang....I never really got into any other CoD games aside from a few singe player missions, but this looks nice.

This isnt new at all, its several days old.. and already been posted.

Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing. :(

several days meaning more than one??? today is 7/10 and it was posted on 7/9 on gametrailers... also i just went back into june and havent seen any thread talking about COD4 other than the one that is a poll about upcoming games. go threadcrap somewhere else and get your facts straight...

New to me. The more I see of Crysis and CoD4, the more i'm excited about CoD4 and the less I am about Crysis. I don't care how formulaic my FPS is, as long as it's cinematic and dramatic i'll be as happy as a pig in shit. You can keep your Choosing To Either Run A Bit Faster Or Be A Bit Stronger Or Put A Scope On Your Gun if all it turns out to be is another traipsing-through-the-jungle ordeal like FarCry.

New to me. The more I see of Crysis and CoD4, the more i'm excited about CoD4 and the less I am about Crysis. I don't care how formulaic my FPS is, as long as it's cinematic and dramatic i'll be as happy as a pig in shit. You can keep your Choosing To Either Run A Bit Faster Or Be A Bit Stronger Or Put A Scope On Your Gun if all it turns out to be is another traipsing-through-the-jungle ordeal like FarCry.

Has everybody forgotten about that sequence in Crysis with the huge alien thing in the dark with it raining? Crysis looks pretty dramatic to me, and the action will defidently keep me hooked. But as far as COD4 goes. Wow. I mean, that's really impressive. Looks really fun, and the story seems cool.

Is this even coming out for PC? GameTrailers only shows PS3 and 360.

Was thinking the same thing. Been watching this game via Gametrailers.com and it always only shows it for 360/PS3 so I assumed no PC version again this time. Sure hope it comes out on the PC!

It looks ok. Like the last 2, the shader effects seem odd, kind of like they're tacked on as an after thought to a game that looks kind of meh to begin with, even though they end up making the game look really good. The lighting is pretty good this go round, not Crysis, but better. The textures don't much for me and the smoke and explosions still look pretty bad. I don't know if they implemented a physics engine or not. It's so hard to tell from the tailor. Parts made me optimistic, but other parts made me think that there was just a heck of a lot of scripting going on, and fairly rudimentary physics. I duno. As long as it's more fun than CoD 2 I'll be happy.

Are we talking about the same Crysis here?

You know the one on the ship in the rain, where a small army is fending off a massive alien mech thats stomping around and blowing huge parts of the ship on to your head, with all the aliens running around shooting people...how is that not cinematic or dramatic enough?

It's funny that you downplay the relative changes in gameplay with the nano suit, as if it makes no difference. You do realise that when you're strong you can stop an incoming jeep by punching it into the ground, when you're fast you can run about 3-4x faster, you can jump about 20 feet in the air, or go basically invisible.

CoD4 does look good from what I've seen of it, and will no doubt make gamers fall in love with it, as much as the originals did, but using it to try and make Crysis look bad? Good luck with that one.

Are we talking about the same Crysis here?

You know the one on the ship in the rain, where a small army is fending off a massive alien mech thats stomping around and blowing huge parts of the ship on to your head, with all the aliens running around shooting people...how is that not cinematic or dramatic enough?

I had forgotten about that.

Game looks good though I was expecting a bit more from the texture/effect department. As long as gameplay is as fun and addictive as CoD1 which I think it will be.

Was thinking the same thing. Been watching this game via Gametrailers.com and it always only shows it for 360/PS3 so I assumed no PC version again this time. Sure hope it comes out on the PC!
All trailers seem to be on a console version. The only one that isn't is Crysis because it is PC only.

I can barely stand to watch after a while the gamepad controls on a FPS are maddening. The one that was really annoying me was MOH: Airborne.

Meh, looks like another brainless Hollywood-esque COD that will be uninstalled when the story is over in 10 hours.

several days meaning more than one??? today is 7/10 and it was posted on 7/9 on gametrailers... also i just went back into june and havent seen any thread talking about COD4 other than the one that is a poll about upcoming games. go threadcrap somewhere else and get your facts straight...

Actually it was posted on July 7th, not the 9th at gametrailers. So yes, it was several days old and a repost. Sorry you dont like it, but thems the facts.

When you put "NEW" in the title, please be sure it is actually new...

I am a huge COD fan, so with this thread I will rest my case.

All trailers seem to be on a console version. The only one that isn't is Crysis because it is PC only.

I can barely stand to watch after a while the gamepad controls on a FPS are maddening. The one that was really annoying me was MOH: Airborne.

QFT game looks fuckin dope but I can't stand watching FPS with console controls.

Maddenning. I can't wait to play this though. I'm not going to measure crysis and this game against eachother, don't see a point they both look pretty cool. We'll see how mp holds up.

Back