• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E21xx Multipliers

reswob

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
1,617
What are the allendale multipliers? I'm thinking about getting an E2140 with some 1066 tracers and a g33m-ds2r to hold me over until Penryn for my SG03 build.
 
Thanks for the help man! I guess OCing them shouldn't be too hard on the board I'm getting.
 
And there is reportedly a new model due shortly - the e2200 (11x, 2.2GHz).

And o/c'ing them is a cinch... I have a 2140 @ a tick under 3.0...An ~85% o/c, with only a 0.03 overvolt. That is on water mind you, haven't tried the retail box cooler it came with yet.
 
The stock cooler isn't that bad, im using it on mine running just under 3.0 too. I can't get it to go past 55*c under full load. I just set the fsb and divider and booted right up no problem perfectly stable on stock volts. I haven't tried going any higher yet, still wating for my psu to come back from rma.
 
Formulas for Intel platform @ 1:1 settings: (base FSB speed is SDR, or single data rate)
(CPU Multiplier) x [Base FSB speed] = CPU Clock speed
2 x [Base FSB speed] = RAM speed (DDR: double data rate)
4 x [Base FSB speed] = Effective FSB speed (QDR: quad data rate)

So, take the chip's rated FSB and divide by 4 to get the base FSB. Then take the chips rated clockspeed and divide it by the base FSB to get the max CPU multiplier.
 
Back
Top