• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

e2180 botttleneck?

tjasinski

n00b
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
50
Hey everyone, I have a e2180 overclocked to 3.2ghz paired with a 4830, 4gb ram, and a wd 1tb black edition. I was wondering if the 1mb cache on the e2180 is bottlenecking games like team fortress 2 and left 4 dead. There's an e8200 on sale for $100 from microcenter and I was wondering if it's worth picking it up.
 
TF2 can be fairly CPU dependant, but I doubt you'd see a huge bump in performance. Depending on your resolution you might be better served replacing your GPU -- it's on the weak side, though it ought to be enough for Source at 1680x1050 and lower.
 
Back
Top