E2140 Overclocking results

vtx_

Gawd
Just got my rig all put together today. Didn't run into any problems during assembly... happy about that :D Specs in sig..

Here are some of my results so far. This is on stock air @ 1.35v (Load temps are about 62 but that should go down in the next few days)I am going to run orthos tonight at 375x8 @ 1.35v in bios.

X850XTPE @ 691/618

Reason I ran am3 is because it is a quick bench and I can compare it to my old system (Dothan 730 + 6600GT ~ 57,000). It is quite an improvement so far. Will post Orthos results when I find my max stable overclock.

Edit #1: Stable at 375x8

Edit #2: Ran AM3 at 390x8 and X850XTPE at 567/600 (Higher score on both graphics and cpu-obviously) it looks like clocking the x850 at its max clock actually hurt the performance of the card in the first run.

Nice OC there!

Unfortunately, I got a crap E2200 that only OC'd to 3.15 GHz @ 59 degrees celsius at load. Vcore - 1.35 AND a tuniq tower 120 w/ AS5.

Somebody pity me, please!

mine maxes out at the same clock, 375*8 = 3ghz. L2 stepping though but i'm happy i hit 3ghz.

the E21xx get hotter than c2ds for some reason, so just watch the temps if you decide to bump up the voltage.

I got the same experience on E4*** series chips. they run hotter then the Conroes somehow. Are they made with worse silicon or just lousier QC for budget reasons? .

Yea I am getting about 60 at a load with 1.325 vcore, but that should go down in a few days. That is running orthos though, not just a normal load from gaming.

Update in original post, Orthos stable at 375x8 @1.325.

Look like I will have to keep it at 375x8 for now. It gets too hot under a load with the stock cooler when I give it 1.35 or more to get it above 3.1. With a better cooler I think I could get it to 400x8 for 24/7 use.

I am going to try to minimize the voltage required to run it at 375x8. Running Orthos at 1.31 vcore now.

Stable at 375x8 1.31vcore. Pretty good clocking chip so far, have had it over 3100mhz but I need better cooling to really find out what it can do.

I think a 1400mhz overclock on less than stock volts is good for now though :D

375x83000mhzorthosoy0.jpg

Right now I had to downclock, I'm running at 375x8 but at 1.375v, anything less and I crash during games (but Prime is stable for an hour before I stop the tests). I'm running at 28c idle, 52c load on my Ninja w/ Yate Loon 120mm 12v, I'll be picking up either a Kingwin 120mm cooler or the Ultra-120 extreme, perhaps the ninja just reached its limit.

Still trying to figure out why the heck I need such high voltage though...

Run prime for more than an hour. Are you running two instances or prime? Because you are supposed to have one for each core. I would run it at least 6 hours, preferably 12. It may not be completely stable at 1.375, not all processors are going to overclock the same.

Yeah, running prime on both cores, it's 100% stable at 1.375v (ran it while I was at work all day), anything less and either games crash, or Prime fails after anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Still, would have been nice to get this to 3.2.

What kind of volts does it take to get it to 3.1 or 3.2? I have had mine over 3.1 with the stock cooler with around 1.36 volts, but it was getting too hot. I need a better cooler first.

I believe it was 1.4 or 1.425v on mine, but prime would pop an error within 5 minutes. Everything else was stable for days though. Of course, judging by my results, my CPU is a little volt hog and not to be compared against.

Yea it seems to clock a little under par compared to most. I think up to around 1.45 is safe on air IIRC. Depends on your temps obviously, but anything under 60 on a load is pretty safe.

Yeah, running prime on both cores, it's 100% stable at 1.375v (ran it while I was at work all day), anything less and either games crash, or Prime fails after anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Still, would have been nice to get this to 3.2.

Not too worried, this was just a holdover chip until the 45nm chips came out.

mine needs the same to be stable @ 3ghz. i'm not bummed about it but since i wanted to hit at least 3ghz. its also my holdover chip till 45nm :).

I am planning on keeping mine for a while so I will probably get some better cooling and try to get the most out of it. I am a college student so I don't have the money to upgrade all that often.

Back