• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E0 Q9550 Temps

jrhea

n00b
Joined
Oct 9, 2000
Messages
47
I have a E0 Q9550 and at stock idle my temps are 37/34/39/38. At full Prime95 load at stock it is 51/47/52/49.

Do I have something not seated right to have a 5C difference between cores?

What is a good overclock temp under prime95 load?
 
No, I have yet to see a quad with the same temp on all the cores, having a variation is normal. Also, OCed temps matter on the cooler, the OC and the voltage you are running, room temp and how good your case ventilation is. I am at 3.8GHz (1.181 vCore), and hit 65C with IBT or 56C with prime, just to give you a ballpark, my room stays in the upper 70's.
 
Thanks for the response. So if all the cores report different temps, what is the standard practice for reporting your OC temp? Like you said - 65 with IBT or 56C with prime. Is that an average of your cores? Lowest, highest?

Just trying to make sure I report correctly if I have questions, etc.
 
Thanks for the response. So if all the cores report different temps, what is the standard practice for reporting your OC temp? Like you said - 65 with IBT or 56C with prime. Is that an average of your cores? Lowest, highest?

Just trying to make sure I report correctly if I have questions, etc.
You generally take the highest number.
 
Back
Top