e-GeForce 8800 GT 512MB $219 @ microcenter

e-GeForce is a unique product naming convention to eVGA so I don't think that is needed in the title.

Microcenter also has the superclocked version for 10$ more, and not sure if it is a good deal or not but the GTS 512 for 319.99

Everyone knows who EVGA is, but not everyone knows that e-Geforce is Evga was my point. Now they do, if they bother to read past the title.

Last reports on the status that these were in fact backordered. Shipping is anywhere from 1-20 days....

In a moment of weakness/frustration I grabbed one of the EVGA 8800GT Superclocked cards a few days before the sale was announced ($280). Went into the store today, got 20% price markdown ($50+ back in my wallet) and it is all good in the 'hood.

The accolades I have and that you have possibly heard for this cannot possibly be overstated. The performance to dollar ratio is off the chart. I have been a gamer since my first Commodore and 386sx but I have never been able to justify the cost of some of the more elaborate SLI GTX OMFGBBQ solutions that are available. As a single card card solution at the <$250 price point this series of cards and this deal is just sick as hell.

If I can be of any assistance I live near the Dallas Microcenter and would be glad to help out with a store pickup or whatever if they even have inventory at this point. Shoot me a PM.

If that old Dell deal ever comes through I will have another GT for sale LOL. Not holding my breath...

-Woe

on the plus side, microcenter gets a shipment of evga 8800gt every week, so oos doesnt last for long.

(I called and axed them)

is it me or does microcenter have great prices lately?
they beat fry's prices nowadays.

is it me or does microcenter have great prices lately?
they beat fry's prices nowadays.

They usually do...at least when it comes to computer hardware...as far as a B&M goes. I have to say though, I always feel dirty when I go in there, at least the computer section...total geek convention.

They usually do...at least when it comes to computer hardware...as far as a B&M goes. I have to say though, I always feel dirty when I go in there, at least the computer section...total geek convention.

That may be so, but that wasn't the case a couple of years ago.

And it's still pretty hard to beat most of Fry's CPU/MB combos. Sure ECS is crap, but if you're not going to OC, they're fine and if you are, the pair generally sell for less than most places sell the CPU.

Nevertheless, Im glad to see they're so competitive....and frequently offering these great deals online. Shipping seem reasonable, but I haven't tried buying small things there.

Sure ECS is crap, but if you're not going to OC, they're fine and if you are, the pair generally sell for less than most places sell the CPU.

The thing is, ECS is partially owned by Fry's.

ECS to Fry's is what Kirkland is to Costco.

The thing is, ECS is partially owned by Fry's.

ECS to Fry's is what Kirkland is to Costco.
Wow, didn't know that.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I'm thinking about sending the 8600 GT I just purchased, for an extra $100 I get 256 mb more ram and a crapload more stream processors.

Does the 8800 sound like a dustbuster?

Edit-

Newegg has the same board for a tad more but free shipping, for the $14 difference I think I'll pick up from the Egg since they have treated me so well over the years.

FYI, i just picked one up for the advertised price at the microcenter in santa clara, ca. they had about five or so more in stock.

I picked up one of the superclocked models the first day of the sale.
bad part is i have to sell ny 7950gt and 6800gt agp cards beforei can open it up and install it.
( hidden from the wifey)
so hopefully i can sell em. because i have vista ultimate waiting to be installed to try the dx10.

I just got notice my vanilla 8800GT is "shipping" today.... Today being Saturday via FedEx... Well atleast it's been boxed, I doubt it'll really ship until Monday. But it's nice to know someone processed my order today :)! Talk about fast.

Historically Microcenter has never met a rebate that they didn't like. Their in-store ads and newsletters are no less than 75% "rebate game" for items that [H] viewers care about. This 20% sale is almost unheard of. They don't appear to have marked anything up. They are really earning some street cred, which is probably the whole point of the sale.

My offer to help with the card stands. Hopefully this issues in a new era for Microcenter. If they would dump the rebates and compete more directly with fry's it would suck like not at all. Both are <10 minutes away.

they have a 20% off sale atleast 3-4 times a year.
since they decided to match the prices of newegg and tiger direct on cpu's it has helped their biz alot.
i have never had a problem with them. ( except for closeing one of the small stores in columbus that was like 2 min away from my work)

their customer service in my opinion is a+. they do like their rebates though.

They had 37 of the SC Editions in stock at the Michigan store yesterday. Make that 36 now. :)
My brother just upgraded 2 weeks ago, we took his receipts in and they gave him $70 back in cash for price match on the card and his CPU.
Customer service is decent. The store is usually packed. If you are in a hurry and need sales help, sometimes it is time consuming.

Just a heads up. The warehouse for these is in PA, so if you're on the other side of the country you might be waiting awhile. Hopefully it'll beat estimates, but shipping on Monday and not arriving til Saturday(does Fedex even deliver normal packages on Saturday?!) - possibly next Monday makes a Sad Panda:(.

Hi,

Sounds like a good price. Too bad this was not the price in the beginning with the 8800GT series cards. They are seem to be affordable. So far my local MC experience does not seem to be going good. I tried to call them several times to find out if they have the card in stock only to get a recorded message from the sales dept. Does any one experience this? I do not like leaving messages cause many times the people never get back to you for your sale. Is this typical MC? I am a bit under an hour from the closest one. I do not want to drive to the place and have none in stock especially during the rush hours of the day.

The sale is from Monday, January 28th to Sunday, February 10th according to their flier on the web site. So plan accordingly.

shaggy

You might as well order it online if you want to be sure. If you're an hour away you'll probably burn the $6 on gas anyways :cool:. They were very prompt on processing my order online and if you have the stores locally to you, it'll probably get there quicker than me since I am on the opposite side of the country.

Hi,

Sounds like a good price. Too bad this was not the price in the beginning with the 8800GT series cards. They are seem to be affordable. So far my local MC experience does not seem to be going good. I tried to call them several times to find out if they have the card in stock only to get a recorded message from the sales dept. Does any one experience this? I do not like leaving messages cause many times the people never get back to you for your sale. Is this typical MC? I am a bit under an hour from the closest one. I do not want to drive to the place and have none in stock especially during the rush hours of the day.

The sale is from Monday, January 28th to Sunday, February 10th according to their flier on the web site. So plan accordingly.

shaggy

They aren't very good about speaking to on the phone. Your best bet is to brave the roads and head to the store. I also have in the past experienced salesmen who have lied to me.

Hi,

Thanks for the info about MC guys. I thought it would be odd that no one would answer the phone.

As for taking a ride down there, I might have to tomorrow. As much as it is burning more than $6 in gas, just knowing where the place is and the like is good. If the place is small, low amounts of stock, unfriendly people, etc will make it less likely I will go there in the future. I have to keep in the mind the local PC shop is even more limited with options. However to know if they have stuff in stock for that emergency is good to know. The 2 closest COMP USAs were ok at best when you needed something in a hurry.

later,
shaggy

MC in Cambridge,MA had one on the shelf today.I almost bought it but changed my mind.

The store in Cincinnati had one behind their peripherals counter. I was tempted but got a Cooler Master 690 case ($20 AR) instead. I love this 20% off sale. ...One day soon I'll actually need the 8800GT and take the plunge, but not today.

Picked up two of them today along with a Razer Lycosa keyboard... man this keyboard is sweet:) not to mention some SLi action.

MC in westbury NY

Hi,

necro threading a bit here :)

The 8800GT deal is still alive at MC. I just got one today at the one in Paterson NJ. Those living in NNJ, this one is an Urban Enterprise Zone so 3.5% sales tax! I think my OTD cost was $227 and change. Since I scraped up the cash for the card, I found an old VISA gift card that had a fair amount on it.

Nice card, there were plenty in stock. I was shocked at how much hardware and parts in general they had on the shelves. I was surprised to see modding parts such as UV reactive plugs and water cooling on the shelf. That was something I never saw at Comp USSR. Pricing seemed reasonable for what it was worth, instant gratification.

However, the place was a mad house. There were at least 20 people at mid day in the DIY PC dept. I took about 10 minutes to get waited on. When I did, I told the guy I wanted the 8800GT he was like you mean superstock GTS. I said No just the one that is 219. He said yeah I can clock it to some crazy number. I said thanks and went to pay for it. That process was painfully slow.

So nice card, nice price. I look forward to using it on the round of games coming out. Thanks to the OP for bringing forward this deal.

shaggy

Back