e-atx compatible case that holds lots of drives 10+

Kirika

Gawd
Whats a good e-atx case that holds lots of drives preferably 10+ that has good airflow?

Friend has Lianli but they don't seem to make that one anymore.

Have an old coolermaster around but drilling and taping it for e-atx will be a pain and it doesn't have as many drive bays I would like. Current box is in a double tower case and has 12 drives + blue ray burner + dvd burner.

What about the Antec Nineteen Hundred? It just came out, can handle E-ATX, 12x 3.5" bays, and even 2 PSU's:

Antec-Nineteen-Hundred-02.jpg

http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706725&fid=4&lan=us

It's only $270 CDN at Newegg and it is in stock:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129201

One Newegg review claims it runs hot, but the Internet reviews I've read say it runs quite cool on air or water.

I've come across a number of cases that might suit you in my failed search for ones with a ton of external bays. Rtangwai beat me to one of them ^. The Lian Li PC-D8000 also comes immediately to mind. It's honkin' expensive, but it can hold up to 20 drives and a mobo up to HPTX.

I've gotta stuff some food down the gullets of a pair of toddlers at the moment, but I'll post up some more options later . . .

-Tuthmose

Not an exhaustive list, I’m sure, but here are some holding at least 12 HDDs:

In internal 3.25 bays (and some can add a couple more by converting 5.25" bays):

Using 5.25 bay adapters (so the number of drives you can hold will vary depending on what adapter you use, as will the airflow. All hold AT LEAST 12 using 1-to-1 adapters):

In my opinion, some of the Lian Li offerings, specifically the PC-A75 or the PC-A79 or PC-80N with some of Lian Li's bay adapters, offer the best airflow. Costly, for sure, though.

Hope that's of some help!

Last edited:
Thank you. Will have to look into a few of these and make sure I have enough room for the power supply I decide on and a large video card.

Antec Ninteen Hundred actually looks pretty good for a decent price but how is the airflow and don't see option to mount fans on the drives or is there.

The Corsair 900D looks similar to the Lian Li some friends have with the drives on the bottom and options to mount fans blowing on them.

Lian-Li PC A75 looks pretty good too.

I like the Lian Li PC-D8000 but its a bit more then I want to spend on a case considering I bought my current double case for much less.

late but better than never : Xigmatek Elysium. A lot of external 5.25" bays - linked LianLi do not have as much external bays - and that stuff.

One of the best prices, at around $170.

late but better than never : Xigmatek Elysium. A lot of external 5.25" bays - linked LianLi do not have as much external bays - and that stuff.

One of the best prices, at around $170.

IF you can find one, that is. They seem to have largely disappeared from the market last I checked. Xigmatek still lists them as a currently made case, so I don't think they're discontinued, but they seem like they might as well be, for all the availability you'll (not) find.

That said, I'm surprised I forgot to add it to my list above, though. :eek: I'll do so now - perhaps in the future it might be of some use to somebody else with this same question.

Back