Dynex Multimeda Card Reader Help

CanonicalAbstract

Special Attention Whore
Hello.

With my desktop upgrades, I also purchased a 5-in-1 media card reader (CF/SD/TransFlash/etc.) for my computer. It uses a USB port on my motherboard to transfer data and get power.

I plugged it in according to the instructions on my motherboard AND the card reader itself. However, when I try to run the install CD for the reader, it tells me "I need Windows XP Service Package 1" on my machine.

I currently am running Vista SP1 on my machine.

Does anyone know of a way I can get this installed and usable? I tried searching via google and Dynex's website, no avail on any Vista drivers or anything.

Thanks!

Well you're going to need to find Vista drivers. If there aren't any, my suggestion would be to return it and try a different card reader.

Well you're going to need to find Vista drivers. If there aren't any, my suggestion would be to return it and try a different card reader.

Thinking about that. I'm fairly certain that it said it was Vista compatible though.

I'm going to double-check the connection tonight though.

I went and e-mailed Dynex support to see what they say. Something tells me I will get some weird scripted answer that has nothing to do with my questions.

I find it odd that you'd even need to run the CD. Most card readers are XP/Vista compatible OOTB. The sony card reader i bought at frys and the generic one it replaced (it died) both worked under vista x64 after vista installed whatever generic drives It uses. I've never had to install card reader drivers under any version of vista or xp (with sp1 or higher) unless it was a laptop.

Try plugging a card into it or look under my computer for some extra removable drives and see if it work / shows up.

Back