Dynamite + MacBook Air = Fun!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Seeing computer stuff get blown up with dynamite, regardless whether it is a Mac or not, is cool. Not sure why the two guys in the video are dressed that way but the explosion is still fun to watch.

Ok, that was not dynamite, two it was stupid, three with the video all over the internet they are likely to be caught and fined.

You cant get any more redneck. That house, barbed wire on the cinder block wall/fence. Two god damned retards.

I really hope the cops are all over them.

You cant get any more redneck. That house, barbed wire on the cinder block wall/fence. Two god damned retards.

I really hope the cops are all over them.

eh those cinderblock walls are pretty common in the west/southwest.

I thought they used a high speed camera. If so, where is the slow motion video of it blowing up?

Hmm... give laptop free to needy child or blow it up?

Stupid rednecks... this is specifically what is wrong with our world.

All the proper safety precautions, at least to me, does not include lighting the fuse with a lighter then running when there will be shrapnel involved.

Now, Kevin Rose in his backyard back in the Screensaver days with four pounds of thermite was much better.

When I said kill it with fire... this is exactly what I was talking about. Bravo, hispter. Bravo.

Hmm... give laptop free to needy child or blow it up?

Stupid rednecks... this is specifically what is wrong with our world.

If this was specifically what was wrong with our world, I think we would be in much better shape than we are :D

Playing with explosives like that is illegal where I live. Why is the USA so lax in this area?

People are way too uptight in here.

It wasn't the most hilarious thing, but still funny.

Fail.

Backyard about 2 meters wide.Fail.
Lighting the fuse and running away, especially with a fat kid behind you. Fail.
Placement of said "dynamite".Fail. Open the screen up to 30 degrees, prop the laptop to shape like a triangle, place explosive inside triangle.

I think they just used a super-sized M-80 firecracker.Fail.

I think giving it to the school would be a much better idea.:D

People are way too uptight in here.

It wasn't the most hilarious thing, but still funny.

Well, if two dumbass punks can get explosives like that so easy then obviously so can any terrorist who wants to harm innocent people. That is why it concerns me. Besides that point, there have been plenty of kids maimed from doing stupid shit like that.

Well, if two dumbass punks can get explosives like that so easy then obviously so can any terrorist who wants to harm innocent people. That is why it concerns me. Besides that point, there have been plenty of kids maimed from doing stupid shit like that.

It was 2 M80's taped together, not dynamite. They are illegal here, but sometimes you can get them as a special "deal" on a reservation.

I don't think it is a sign of things to come; terrorists with Independance Day fireworks...

facepalm.jpg

I think they just used a super-sized M-80 firecracker.Fail.

Looked like M-1000's to me. = 1/4 stick of TNT each. Judging from the video they were indeed 1/4 sticks.

FYI, you can still buy these in some parts of the country.

Yeah, they're definitely not going to get in trouble after the fact... It's kids playing with fireworks, and possession or sales of those fireworks may be illegal, they're not going to get arrested for having a video tape of them playing with them...

Playing with explosives like that is illegal where I live. Why is the USA so lax in this area?

The fireworks laws are kind of stupid in some states. This wasn't actually dynamite, that is a little harder to come by. In my state, many fireworks are illegal to set off, but legal to sell. So the fireworks stores have you sign a waiver and declaration that you'll take them out of the state within 48 hours. But it's not really enforced when someone sets a few off. If no one's property is damaged and no injuries, the police usually are occupied with something else.

Well, if two dumbass punks can get explosives like that so easy then obviously so can any terrorist who wants to harm innocent people. That is why it concerns me.
You're right! Let's take away all guns, fireworks, explosives, lasers, anything potential harmful and/or lethal, and impose maximum security for the protection of our citizens! I think that's a great idea!

You're right! Let's take away all guns, fireworks, explosives, lasers, anything potential harmful and/or lethal, and impose maximum security for the protection of our citizens! I think that's a great idea!

LMAO...and butter knives. I could stab your eye out with a butter knife in the name of Allah ...... better take my Red Rider BB gun as well, could shoot my own eye out. :D

They're dressed like that because they're scenesters. Not full blown hipsters, otherwise you would have recognized the ignorance at a quick glance. But still kinda stupid.

As for dynamite, if it were real dynamite, it would have taken that side of the house out and more, even at that small size. TNT isn't much more tame, and would have still killed them at that range. These were just fireworks, and likely legal fireworks at that. M-1000 is a brand of legal firecracker that's marketed to sound like it has more than the legal amount of 50g of low explosive powder in it.

The only redeeming part of this video is seeing an Air getting blown up.

Really looked like 2 trained pro's...with the home built shooting range in the background. They do make longer fuses....helps save brain cells!

They're dressed like that because they're scenesters. Not full blown hipsters, otherwise you would have recognized the ignorance at a quick glance. But still kinda stupid.

As for dynamite, if it were real dynamite, it would have taken that side of the house out and more, even at that small size. TNT isn't much more tame, and would have still killed them at that range. These were just fireworks, and likely legal fireworks at that. M-1000 is a brand of legal firecracker that's marketed to sound like it has more than the legal amount of 50g of low explosive powder in it.

The only redeeming part of this video is seeing an Air getting blown up.

M-1000's were the 1/4 stick cousin to the original M-80. Real M-80's contained 2.5-3g's of explosives while M-1000's contained roughly 20g's of explosive. I've had real M-1000's. The explosion in the video is on par with what a real 1/4 stick could do. They still make real M-80's and M-1000's here in the U.S. and are obtainable through the right channels.

Whoever said a 1/4 stick would have knocked down the wall or side of the house obivously doesn't understand explosives. A 1/4 stick is nothing to play with, but certainly not powerful enough to do any real damage to the surrounding structures. One could have placed an M67 frag grenade there and wouldn't have caused structural damage aside from fragmentation damage.

go join the military, people. See what real explosives do.

lol, are you finally the first person to mention how short the fuse was? They didn't even have enough time to look at the explosion.

If it was fully working, it would have been nicer if it was donated or at if something useful was done with it.

Looked like M-1000's to me. = 1/4 stick of TNT each. Judging from the video they were indeed 1/4 sticks.

FYI, you can still buy these in some parts of the country.

Those are not TNT, not even close to it. TNT is trinitrotoluene. What you saw in the video was almost certainly gunpowder (or some other kind of potassium nitrate based powder). And dynamite is a nitroglycerin based explosive. again not even close. Not that what those idiots had wasn't dangerous but not on the same level

I dont know about you guys but i was impressed with the power of that firecracker. How much in damaged the macbook air? not bad.

Back