• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dying sound card?

OOMPH!

n00b
Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
40
I'm having a bit of a weird problem. When I play songs with winamp or try and watch a video file, my computer will lock up and completely freeze. However I was able to game all day long without a single freeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers to my sound card and it hasn't helped any. My video card is a Fortissimo II if that helps any. Just rather stumped here :(
 
Originally posted by OOMPH!
I'm having a bit of a weird problem. When I play songs with winamp or try and watch a video file, my computer will lock up and completely freeze. However I was able to game all day long without a single freeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers to my sound card and it hasn't helped any. My video card is a Fortissimo II if that helps any. Just rather stumped here :(


Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for your sound card?
Try another sound card?
 
Originally posted by Abbaddon
Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for your sound card?
Try another sound card?
Yep tried the latest sound card drivers, no avail :( I don't have anything other than the onboard sound to test with. Just didn't know if there was any way I didn't have to go through that to see if the sound card is messed up
 
Originally posted by OOMPH!
Yep tried the latest sound card drivers, no avail :( I don't have anything other than the onboard sound to test with. Just didn't know if there was any way I didn't have to go through that to see if the sound card is messed up


Ewww onboard. :(
 
Back
Top