dvi vs vga

robxpark

n00b
Hey guys. First time post. Looking to dual monitor.
Does it matter which connection i use? Thanks

You will get a better picture with DVI, as you won't be converting to analogue and back like you would with VGA.

better picture is based on the user, i have switched a few monitors at work from VGA to DVI and people cant tell the difference.

i dont think the difference is as clear as it was a few years ago with cheap LCD's, most people wont see the difference, but DVI is better in the end if you can do it.

How is VGA better than DVI? I'm not sure it's based on the user. At best they won't be able to tell the difference, but DVI will never be worse.

How is VGA better than DVI? I'm not sure it's based on the user. At best they won't be able to tell the difference, but DVI will never be worse.

This is only true at native resolution. VGA usually, but not allways does a better job of scaling to non-native resolutions. A lot of people use lower resolutions to make the text bigger without changing dpi.

Dave

I always noticed certain textures displayed improperly through VGA, but as soon as I used DVI, they became clear and without artifacts. I also noticed that textures changed oddly through VGA when scrolling through a website, but the effect didn't happen with DVI. These defects showed most when backgrounds or textures consisted of gradients. Not all things showed a difference with VGA, but DVI proved to provide me without such annoyances. I noticed this using a Westinghouse 42" Monitor. I dk if that defect is limited to that display or not, but it might be worth looking into. Also, I noticed no such problems when running my 360 through the VGA port.

Back