DVI turning bad?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I have a hard time figuring out where to post this thread.

I have two monitors that have VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs. A BenQ G2400W and a XL2410T.

On the older G2400W I started experience issues with visual artefacts where all was green and rasterized and crap. Similar to if you overheat memory on GPUs. It went from just getting flares of the crap to finally be on the entire monitor to the point hard to discern anything. Switching monitor problem gone. However I now got the same thing on the new monitor. Sadly I don´t have a second computer with DVI so I can verify but the monitors work flawlessly with HDMI and VGA inputs. I have replaced cable that sometimes solved issues I had too but starting to think know it´s maybe the GPU that somehow damange the cables or some odd thing happening. I have never had such issues before getting my GTX 580 some years ago. I generally run with the cables supplied by BenQ.

Anybody think they have found the true culprit. Is it the monitors, is it the cables or is it the GTX 580? Guess I will have to source yet another dual link DVI cable. Installing on the secondary input does work currently so it´s not the cable nor is it the monitor I would imagine.

Last edited:
Yes i think the same, that DVI output its going to die... Maybe it work fine while stay cold, but in the moments it star to heat up.. Get fked..

Back