• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

dvi to hdmi cable: quality?

Joined
Mar 23, 2013
Messages
53
I just purchased 2 new monitors.
I don't buy computer stuff often, and my last monitor had a dvi to hdmi adapter included.
So I was disappointed and surprised to find that it came with a vga cable... vga?!? isn't this sold as a computer monitor, and don't ALL graphics cards have dvi connectors?
Looking at other models I could have purchased, it looks like very very few come with dvi to hdmi!
Anyway, rant over. I need a cable with dvi female and hdmi male.

I can pay as little as $5 or as much as $35.
Is there a quality difference?
If not, I'll buy the $5 one.

I can of course reuse the one I have-- but I still need at least one more, really 2, since I'll keep using my old monitor elsewhere.
 
Be advised that while the 24awg Monoprice DVI-D cable (I own 2 at 15ft and longer, they work well) will help run higher refresh rates in some cases, its diameter is huge, and it is stiff and unwieldy. The cables can put stress on the actual ports. HDMI and DP are of course less cumbersome (and I wish I could switch to these).
 
Back
Top