DVI to D-sub VGA adapter, in cable form?

djBon2112

Supreme [H]ardness
Do these exist? I know we all get the stupid clear DVI to D-sub VGA adapters when we buy the video cards, but is there a cable to do this? The reason is my video card ONLY has DVI, but my monitor is D-sub VGA, and of course because it hates me my new radiator won't fit if I have the adapter installed. I've tried googling this, to no avail!

Anyone have any advice?

Apparently Google sucks and I can't search Newegg... thanks, now I look like a retard :p

... and none of these can be found in Canada. Anyone know of anything like this from a Canadian company/someone that ships to Canada? NCIX has NOTHING like these.

Theres no way I need a big hunking box like that when the 1" converters that came with my video card are doing it fine. Anyone on the cables in Canada?

Edit: This is what I have, and it's what I need to replace with a cable.

u can even get a dvi-i extension cable... meaning one end female ..one end male... basically extension of your dvi-i port...and the plug the coverter u have at the female end of the extension cable.

I am new to all of this... Is there any improvement on the display going from SVGA to D-Sub Analog Connection TO SVGA to DVI-D HDCP Connection?

...by the way, my video card is a stock Presario SR2050NX ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series.

Takes for your help!

First if your card came with an adapter, your video card connector is DVI-I, so no problem getting one of those cable(DVI-I to VGA). You can find them in any electronic hardware store(and probably any computer store...)

I am new to all of this... Is there any improvement on the display going from SVGA to D-Sub Analog Connection TO SVGA to DVI-D HDCP Connection?

The DVI-D is numeric and VGA is analog. Analog, the signal might get "modified" by interference around the cables and other problem related to the perfection of the image. Numeric as less chance to get a bad signal, since if it goes through it's good, if it has a problem it wont work....

MrPatate, Thank you for your encouraging comments. I will give it a try. It is cheaper than buying a most current video card for now. Just want to test if the issue I am having is due to a bad monitor or video card incompatibility. I am 75% happy with my new monitor but when playing dvd movies, I get color blotches and the picture quality is degraded. Thanks again.

by the way, what i was saying about numeric vs analog, it wont apply to you. Since DVI-I is numeric and analog (dvi-d is numeric only, dvi-a is analog only, dvi-i both) and by using VGA for the monitor the connection will be analog.

If you want to be sure if your video card has DVI-I connector check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI

Back