• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DVI splitter

BA005

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 29, 2007
Messages
89
I would like to ask you for your advice please.

I have a 24inch Dell monitor and it has one DVI socket.

I have a PlayStation3 which I connect with an HDMI to DVI cable.

My PC is connected to the VGA socket. But what I would like to do is also have the PC connected to DVI. But I dont want to keep having to unplug, plug, unplug, plug etc etc the DVI cables of the PS3 and my PC.

Is there a simple solution? Perhaps some kind of adapter/splitter? Something inexpensive? Would something like this do the trick...
http://www.cablesunlimited.com/products/Prod_Individual3.aspx?groupcode=I3581

Please advise. Thanks in advance!
BA5
 
Thank you. But that is 85 dollars. Is that the cheapest option for me to be able to connect 2 DVI cables into one socket?!

In the days of scart, it used to be so simple..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97936&doy=20m3&C=SO&U=strat15

Is there not a DVI equivalent?

Well, the one the other guy posted would work just fine. Just get another DVI-HDMI cable

There's also this
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1011004&p_id=4069&seq=1&format=1#largeimage for $34.80
 
I would like to ask you for your advice please.

I have a 24inch Dell monitor and it has one DVI socket.

I have a PlayStation3 which I connect with an HDMI to DVI cable.

My PC is connected to the VGA socket. But what I would like to do is also have the PC connected to DVI. But I dont want to keep having to unplug, plug, unplug, plug etc etc the DVI cables of the PS3 and my PC.

Is there a simple solution? Perhaps some kind of adapter/splitter? Something inexpensive? Would something like this do the trick...
http://www.cablesunlimited.com/products/Prod_Individual3.aspx?groupcode=I3581

Please advise. Thanks in advance!
BA5

You might be surprised how little gain in picture quality you get between DVI and VGA. Personally, I would connect the PS3 via VGA and put the PC on DVI input, as the PC is where you might see a very slight improvement over VGA. The PS3 like all game consoles, is expected to be connected via connection that may not be of the highest quality and so the console mfgr and game designers insure that the signal they put out is not visibly degraded very much at all when using any connection. Remember, it has to be useable, even with composite input.

O.O.
 
You might be surprised how little gain in picture quality you get between DVI and VGA. Personally, I would connect the PS3 via VGA and put the PC on DVI input, as the PC is where you might see a very slight improvement over VGA. The PS3 like all game consoles, is expected to be connected via connection that may not be of the highest quality and so the console mfgr and game designers insure that the signal they put out is not visibly degraded very much at all when using any connection. Remember, it has to be useable, even with composite input.

O.O.

Sorry, but my Wii has massively better PQ over component vs composite. So that kinda throws your argument out the window. My monitor has a VGA and HDMI input and is much better on the HDMI side than the VGA.
 
Back
Top