• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DVI Signal Loss During Windows Loading Screen

Rocculus

n00b
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
4
When I normally boot up Windows XP Pro, I'll see the Windows loading screen with the loading bar. Afterwards, the screen goes blank and my monitor loses signal for a few seconds before coming back on for the Windows login screen. I don't have this problem when I boot up in safe mode. I've tried reinstalling Forceware drivers 93.71 with driver cleaner and switching DVI ports but to no avail. Any ideas?

My setup:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
EVGA Geforce 7950GX2
Gateway FPD2485W
 
i notice that you're running a gx2 video card there.

i'm under the impression that gx2's act like an SLI setup, which would suggest that there's no problem at all.

it's normal for your signal to shut off and then reactivate during a windows boot when running SLI.

i think the 'issue' is talked about further in the stickied guide for SLI on this here forum.


the reason it doesn't happen under safe mode would be that SLI is disabled for a safe mode boot, so your machine would behave like it only has one video card installed.
 
yah its been happening with my gx2 since i got it in july. its normal. its the point at which sli initializes.
 
Back
Top