DVI Inverting Red and Black?

MadGeek451

Limp Gawd
I got an NEC 1760-NX off newegg about a month ago, love it. Got the wrong DVI cable, DVI-I instead of DVI-D. So I RMA'd it, and went to pccables.com because newegg was/is sold out of the DVI-D right now. So I got the cable yesterday, hook it up... and the standard, POST black, DOS black, whatever is red. On boot, not a driver thing. It just seems like everything that should be black is red. So I reconnected everything, nothing. Turned the cable around and it worked. Except I just noticed that now red has been replaced with black. VGA works fine, btw... I can swtich in between the two, and the VGA is swell, and the DVI is confusing...

So my biggest question is... is this the cable's problem or the DVI? I intend to go to best buy tomorrow and get their hideously expensive ($70) one to test it, then return it. Which is asshole, I know, but damn, this is really bugging me. If anyone has anything to say let me know... please!

Edit: The first three are with the red for black, and the second is black for red.

2048.0001(Small).JPG

2048.0002(Small).JPG

2048.0003(Small).JPG

2048.0004(Small).JPG

On top of being a dumbass, it's 3.45 and posting pictures is clearly beyond my capabilities at the current time.

Thanks
-Chris

Back