• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVI input problems

kuangmk11

n00b
Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Messages
24
I am trying to hook up my secondary machine to the dvi port on my second dell 2407. the card in the machine is a GF3 TI 500. it posts fine and I have a display until about halfway through boot then the dvi port goes dead (monitor sleeps). machine finishes booting and the vga out is live. I can't seem to find anywhere to change the output to dvi only in the nvidia control panel. do I have to enable dvi somwhere? am I missing something obvious?

oops. I guess this should go in "video cards"
 
I have no clue about your GF3 TI 500(man that's an old card) supporting dual monitor especially with a DVI input on a 24" monitor. Maybe you need to go to you advance setting for you videocard and change the nView Display Mode:Dual display instead of single.
 
I know the GF3 line doesn't support dual monitors, except maybe with the TV out. I just want to use the DVI input on the second monitor as I'm running out of inputs on the monitors. I guess I have a couple vga switch boxes around that I could use... or maybe I should just get a newer cheap card for it... actually I have an even older card I could try that has dvi... an ATI AIW (original version)
 
Back
Top