• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVI doesn't work at 1280x1024

eatadonut

n00b
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
16
Title pretty much says it. I have a 4870 1gig. I have to use a DVI->VGA converter to get any picture on my 19" 1280x1024 monitor. I've seen some mentions of this elsewhere, but no solutions. I heard a rumor that running a second monitor would fix the problem - it almost did. I put in a 20" 1680x1050, and got my 19" working on DVI briefly, until I made the mistake of changing the primary screen from the 20" to the 19".

I'm hoping for a fix with 9.1, but pretty much expecting nothing. Am I SOL here? I'm getting a 22" or a 24" soon to use as a secondary monitor, but I'm not getting rid of my 19", and using it on VGA is driving me up the wall.

I've tried older drivers, no luck there. I don't know what kind of help I expect, but thanks in advance.
 
- try get a driver for your monitor?

- enable unsupported resolution/frequency options in CCC?
 
I've worked with the CCC, and it doesn't appear to have any effect. there's even a checkbox to enable lower frequencies for older digital panels. Doesn't fix it, and in fact doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I've been fighting with sceptre's monitor drivers and vista, the two don't want to work together, but I'll keep at it.
 
Back
Top