Dvi-d ???

dcnv

Limp Gawd
Hi there ! i just bought a Hyundai L90D+ monitor but it didnt come with the DVI-D but the DVI-D cable that i found online is just DVI-Dmale - male they didnt have DVI-D male to DVI-I male. Can any user that already used DVI cable on their L90D+ tell me which cable is the good one?

Not to doubt your intelligence but first make sure your video card and monitor have the applicable ports for it, after that, no don't matter as they are digital, if it were analog then it would matter.

It didn't come with a dvi cable? are you sure?

Anything of reasonable quality will work, there isn't any real point in brand loyalty or anything like that.

nah it came with a VGA cable.....the thing i mean is my Video card is DVI-I and the monitor is DVI-D if i buy a DVI-D 24+1pins male to 24+1male will it work or there must be a specific cable?
Thank for the help

My L90D+ came with both DVI and VGA cables.

Check the box ?

-Larry

dcnv said:
Hi there ! i just bought a Hyundai L90D+ monitor but it didnt come with the DVI-D but the DVI-D cable that i found online is just DVI-Dmale - male they didnt have DVI-D male to DVI-I male. Can any user that already used DVI cable on their L90D+ tell me which cable is the good one?

dcnv said:
nah it came with a VGA cable.....the thing i mean is my Video card is DVI-I and the monitor is DVI-D if i buy a DVI-D 24+1pins male to 24+1male will it work or there must be a specific cable?
Thank for the help

It will work. dvi-d has less pins than a dvi-i cable, so will fit into a dvi-i socket. The extra pins are only for analogue so you'll be fine. I'll recommend www.monoprice.com for great, cheap cables. Don't get monster, whatever you do.

DVI-D means digital Only
DVI-A means analoge Only
DVI-I means it is Both

If your monitor is DVI-D you can use either DVI-I or a DVI-D cable.

Back