DVI-D to M1DA cable ? Infocus Projector

cwolf78

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
456
I own an Infocus 4805 Screenplay projector that is hooked to my HTPC via an Nvidia 6600GT ... the cable provided by infocus has a M1DA connector on the end going to the projector and a vga connector on the pc end. I was also provided with a DVI adapter that goes on the vga connector and there is also a USB connector, I was wanting to purchase a high quality dvi cable to replace this and I am lost. Do I have to have the USB connector in conjunction with the DVI end for the video out ? I am lost. :confused:
 
I'm not sure what you are asking. I assume the cable you are talking about is the m1 to vga/usb cable. The USB is needed for flashing the firmware of the projector when needed. Check out Monoprice.com for a DVI-D to M-1 cable. I use even their 50 foot cable without any issues. Or you can get just an m1 to dvi adapter for the projector's port and use a regular dvi cable.

You can pixel map with DVI. Funny story. I had an AIW 9700 Pro go bad. ATI sent me an AIW 9800 Pro. A month later I got a 4805. DVI doesn't work. I try a DVI dvd player and it STILL didn't work so I RMA the projector. Get it back a month later (holiday season). Try DVI with video card...nothing! DVI dvd player this time was ok. Soooo, re-RMAed this new video card. So I had DVI busted on two things. It took me two and a half months to be able to pixel map properly but it was worth it.
 
Ok, great... what is going to be the best quality ? Using the M1 to DVI cable or using a regualar DVI with the M1 adapter ?
Also, what about the USB, I noticed those monoprice cables do not have them.
thanks !
;)
 
There should be no quality difference...it's just a matter of personal preference or a flexibility issue. Just keep the vga with usb cable in case you ever wish to change the projector firmware.
 
gravy... thanks for the help. :D
oh yeah, what exactly is pixel mapping ?
 
Back
Top