• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DVI cable problem with 2405fpw

Tenks

n00b
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
44
OK, so I'm all excited with my new monitor, however, if I try to use the included DVI-D cable, the monitor just shows red green and blue vertical lines randomly on the screen. Using the factory defaults settings helped a bit, I could see the windows logon screen, but I can't move the mouse and the entire picture is yellow with crazy lines and dots on the top of the screen.

I'm using a evga 6800GT which has a DVI-I dual link connector. The one included with the dell is a single link DVI-D cable. Is it because the single link doesnt work with the dual link? Do I need to purchase a separate dual link DVI cable? BTW, the monitor works great with the VGA cable so no problems there.

So...does anyone think that its the cable itself that's giving me the prob?
 
I vote that it's a bad cable. That's not an uncommon problem. Do you have any other DVI-capable monitors to test your video card on to make sure it's not the card itself?
 
Back
Top