• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVI at 75hz for Vsync?

[F8]

Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
991
I'm not trying to start a 60hz on lcd is not the same as on crt post, but I seem to find I can game better with vsync on, mouse input is better, and no tearing. However, when using VGA, the refresh rate is 75hz, when using DVI, the refresh rate is 60hz, so with vsync on, I get smoother gameplay with VGA. Yes, I can tell the difference between 60 and 75fps. However, I discovered with the "Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates" section of display properties for nvidia drivers, I can force 75hz and use DVI. I've been using this for a while, has anyone else done this? Am I risking damaging anything, or is there a limitation with the DVI cable or anything that will reduce image quality??
 
If the monitor supports it you can use it. The manual should tell you exactly which resolutions and refresh rates are safe. I haven't had any problems running my LCDs (BenQ FP91E) at 75Hz via DVI.
 
According to the manual its 60hz via DVI, but it works fine at 75hz.
 
I have always been using 75Hz with DVI on both of my BenQ's (FP791 & FP72G+S). There should not be any damage if your LCD will support a max vertical refresh rate of ~75Hz; I even asked BenQ's tech support to confirm it. As for degradation of of image quality (if any), it is insignificant. I may have noticed a tad more of a screen-door effect when going from 60 to 75Hz, but it was negligible.
 
Back
Top