DVD X Copy users look inside

stewie

Gawd
Hi guys,
If anyone uses dvd x copy, generally how long does it take to burn the image to your hard drive? Then, how long does it take for you to burn the dvd? My friend has a 2.4x burner and can copy a dvd in like say 25 mins. I have a 4x sony burner and it takes me an hour to copy dvds. Then another hour on top of that to burn them. I can burn data dvd's quicker than this. I was wondering if it was the software that takes so long to copy the dvd or if it was something with my hardware.
Also, let me know if you are using the regular version or platinum.
thanks
-Stewie

Actually, after doing some research, I think i may have found the problem.. My chipset drivers were using the pio device drivers limiting my transfer rate to 16.6 megs a second. If anyone else sees this and is having the same problems with slow copy speeds ---> right click on my comptuer, then properties, then hardware tab, then device manager. Right click your dvd burner properties and see if you can change the mode form pio to dma. If there is no option, click on your chipset properties, and then select dma if available. This should increase your rates.

[edit] too damn slow :p you found out the PIO/DMA problem yourself [/edit]

However, another problem for those affected could be a bad ASPI layer (ie ones that come w/ WinXP are v4.5.xx)..Google up ForceASPI, and it will upgrade to like 4.6.xx ones for ya.

Back