DVD software for PC

Wenty

Limp Gawd
I want to watch DVD's on my PC and was wondering whats the best software for this??? :)

Wenty said:
I want to watch DVD's on my PC and was wondering whats the best software for this??? :)

You will be better off if you post this in the HTPC section. Anyways, if you have a Nvidia Geforce 6 series or higher card, you probably would want to buy the Purevideo codec.

The absolute best, will be PureVideo with ZoomPlayer as the player, and using the FFDShow filter. Takes a while to configure though. There's some other solutions, that work well out of the box, cant remember the name though. Another vote for HTPC section, or just use search function

theatertek uses the nvidia purevideo codecs by default and it's easy to get good IQ (if your into that kind of thing) without having to configure a lot of settings. It's not the most versitile program though and it's way too expencive.

WinDVD is excellent IMO. Really nice intuitive interface, good picture quality, good sound options with 24bit decoding. Solid player IMO.

Back