DVD slip cover for F.E.A.R.?

goofybastard

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone have a graphic that can be set up as a slip cover for a DVD case for F.E.A.R.?

Should I have created this thread in the Digital Artwerk forum instead?

I just want something nice to put the DVD in rather than the envelope that came with.

Got the box, but I've never had a scanner. I was kinda hoping that there might be some nice fan created stuff that would work well for a slip cover.

Are you serious? There's no jewel case for the DVD either?

I'm really quite disappointed in the packaging of this game.

Moose777 said:
Are you serious? There's no jewel case for the DVD either?

I'm really quite disappointed in the packaging of this game.

Umm, yeah.

Ok, really, I care about your opinion. Go crap somewhere else.

Have a nice day.

beanman101283 said:
That was unnecessary.

No, that person giving their opinion to begin with was unnecessary. They did not contribute any information that would be beneficial to the thread.

I did not ask a question wanting to know about others opinions of the packaging of the game.

They can be disappointed if they like, but they don't need to post a reply to anyone's thread just to say it. If they contributed in any way the situation would be different.

Instead all that's said is "I'm really quite disappointed in the packaging of this game."

That's good for them, really. Start your own thread about it.

goofybastard said:
Umm, yeah.

Ok, really, I care about your opinion. Go crap somewhere else.

Have a nice day.

You said in your first post that the DVD version of the game didn't even come in a case, but in an envelope. Moose posts expressing his displeasure that even the DVD version of the game didn't have a case, and you somehow think that this is in no way beneficial?

It's sad to see that we are getting charged more for games, but are getting less and less with them. Paper sleaves, no instruction manual.

But I guess I should have made my own thread about that, instead of crapping in yours. :rolleyes:

I wasn't thread crapping. I just don't see why we all paid $40+ for the game and got paper sleeves and no insstruction manual.

The game is great. But the packaging leaves somethign to be desired. Especially since the Paper Sleeves can be ruined, lost easily. I expect paper sleeves from games like No One Lives Forever the one where you play the guy and pay $19 for it. But from a high quality game.

Hell, Quake IV even came in a plastic case.

Moose777 said:
I wasn't thread crapping. I just don't see why we all paid $40+ for the game and got paper sleeves and no insstruction manual.

The game is great. But the packaging leaves somethign to be desired. Especially since the Paper Sleeves can be ruined, lost easily. I expect paper sleeves from games like No One Lives Forever the one where you play the guy and pay $19 for it. But from a high quality game.

Hell, Quake IV even came in a plastic case.

I feel sorry for You because I got an Instruction Manual, Hell with Sierra (VU) running things I am lucky I got a jewel case with the $80 HL2 special edition I got. The Packaging has little to do with the game and everything to do with the distributer. No One Lives Forever was once a High quality game (both are Monolith games which might be why you think its their fault). This Is Thread crapping because once again you have to mention your displeasure of a paper sleeve. I don't like them either but that is besides the point.

OP Thanks for asking this, and Puppet dude thanks for the link. DVD case here I come.

If you really want to get creative, and have about 10 minutes, you can transform the box in to a professional looking DVD case. I took a look at the links for DVD inserts, and not a single one was for the US release of the game (there were some German, and mostly UK covers). I simply used an Xacto with #11 blade, a ruler, and some scotch tape. I'd post pics, but I think it would be rather pointless.

Topweasel said:
I feel sorry for You because I got an Instruction Manual, Hell with Sierra (VU) running things I am lucky I got a jewel case with the $80 HL2 special edition I got. The Packaging has little to do with the game and everything to do with the distributer. No One Lives Forever was once a High quality game (both are Monolith games which might be why you think its their fault). This Is Thread crapping because once again you have to mention your displeasure of a paper sleeve. I don't like them either but that is besides the point.

OP Thanks for asking this, and Puppet dude thanks for the link. DVD case here I come.
What's to feel sorry for? I don't care. I don't even read the instruction manuals that come with games half the time.

I'm sorry you feel that I'm crapping on the thread. That wasn't my intention nor was it my point. I just found and still find it odd that we spend pretty good money on games and are not given proper protection for our investment. I'm sorry I'm the only one who feels this way.

As for No One Lives Forever I wasn't saying they are horrible games. I own all three of them and love all three of them. My point was that Contract Jack was only $20 when it came out. It came in sleeves. When I pay $20 for a game I expect cheap packaging. When I pay $40+ I expect jewel cases and DVD cases not sleeves.

You're right. It's not the point. You said yourself you don't like sleeves and you went on a quest to make a DVD cover for your game. I don't care that much. I'll leave them in the sleeves until I get around to putting them in a book. I'm not going to go hunting around for ways to make a game cover to put in a jewel case.

Now it's turned into a petty, trite pissing contest pitting the both of us against one another to see who is the bigger man. Well, I'll do us both the favor. You win. This discussion is retarded. The initial comment about thread crapping was unecessary. I would've joined in the conversation and possibly contributed to the thread if the comment was not made. Instead, my contribution is arguing childishly with you about a stupid comment that just doesn't matter. You're right, the thread has now officially been crapped in. By both of us now. You accomplished your goal of carrying on this assanine conversation.

Take it deep.

Back