DVD-RW Problem! PLEASE HELP!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 79192
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 79192

Alright, heres the situation: I just bought a brand new LG DVD-RW that has like a million features, including 16x DVD-R+ writing, and this DVD-RAM technology, so its like a fairly new drive. (Sucker cost me $165 CAD after tax anyways so it better be good!)

I have it connected and everything, but it won't detect it!!! The BIOS doesnt even see it. I have it set as secondary master (just like my old CD-RW) and have it in the exact same IDE port on the mobo as my old CD-RW, it should be working perfectly!! I would really appreciate any help with this cuz this thing is soo cool and I've been waiting a while to burn DVDs, I'd love ot get going ASAP! Adios for now people... Thanks in advance!

- Welkie

Make sure the power cable is securely attached, and try it on its own chain as Cable Select or Master, with no other devices on it. If that doesn't work, sorry to say, but it's probably dead. :(

Try on another computer, try switching ide cables plug the molex into it and check it you can open it with the open button.

I fixed it! I plugged the IDE cable in with the red stripe on the left when it should have been on the right. Now I'm working on getting my burning suite to setect the drive...

Back