• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVD-RW and Top window mod in progress

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
5,939
Not done yet but I have the LED soldered in and the windows traced out. Wheres my RTX?? :D
100_0985.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0987.jpg

You cant really see where I'm going to cut on the top but you get a general idea. Its going to be a oval shape, I just colored the parts in that I will not be cutting. The LED I used is from those LED case feet. I soldered it right to the PCB where the molex connector is soldered in.
Any comments?
I was thinking the window might be too big but can it ever be too big? ;)
 
The looks neat, I'm very interested in seeing the finished product.
 
Roguer said:
The looks neat, I'm very interested in seeing the finished product.
Why thank you! I'm getting the rest of my supplys tonight..I hope. So I'm hoping I can get it done tonight or tomorrow.
 
Update:
Window before and after molding.
100_0995.jpg

100_0997.jpg

Now for the DVD burner...hmmm this will be a little harder.
 
That's pretty freaking sweet, maybe I should so something similar to my DVD-ROM Drive (it's also at the top and I also have a window on the top of my case).
 
Leon2ky said:
That's pretty freaking sweet, maybe I should so something similar to my DVD-ROM Drive (it's also at the top and I also have a window on the top of my case).
You know you want to! :p
 
Back
Top