• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVD-ROM not properly working!

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
4,539
Well my DVD-ROM is not reading anything I give it. This wasbefore I formatted and after. The computer recognizes it and the tray can open and close fine. The computer does list the drive correctly as a "Pioneer" drive. What can be wrong with it?
 
When you place a disc in the drive does Windows see it at all? If it doesn't I would suspect that the laser is dead.

~ Novensu
 
Novensu said:
When you place a disc in the drive does Windows see it at all? If it doesn't I would suspect that the laser is dead.

~ Novensu

I think Windows does see it because you can see the mouse arrow with the disc as in it is reading. When I try to access the drive with the disc in through "My Computer" it will say there is no disc. The drive will respond to commands such as if I eject it through Windows. I dunno what is wrong! :(
 
IT seems like there are a lot of other people who are having the same problem..

My dvd-116r drive also does not work properly. it cant read any disc types at all. Although i did upgrade to XP from ME the drive stopped working a few weeks AFTER the install was done.

pioneer 116r - installed XP SP1 or 2 - won't recognize dvd - stop pounding your head on the wall
Microsoft is to blame!!! I don't know the specifics (I'm just a humble user) however, their software requires decoders (software for the system to recognize a dvd) compatible with their new software. Of course, they're not giving it away. Intervideo is selling probably the cheapest one out there until someone steals it. Here's a link: http://www.intervideo.com/media_pack/jsp/Product_Profile.jsp?p=DVDMP3XPack&AID=10310167&PID=1423151

Hello,
I don't use my DVD that often...I used it about 3 months ago and everything worked just fine. I just rented one DVD and bought another DVD. Neither one of them will play on my DVD. The DVD that I have is a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-116R, I have a SONY VIAO computer. I ran the trouble-shooting program from the 'Add Hardware Wizard' and it could not help me. I checked for up-dates and they are none. When I'm in 'My Cmputer' and I click on the DVD, I get a message the says: "Please insert disc into drive E." It says
this even with and without the DVD in the drive!!!
When I insert the DVD, there is a small CD sysmbol near the cursor for a few moments and nothing happens. I tired pressing the 'Shift key' while inserting the DVD to by-pass the set-up program but, still nothing happens. I did this with and without my DVD
program open.
Thanks you for your time & effort on this. :^D
Clifton

I do have that Pioneer drive, the DVD-116R. I found all of these stories by searching for the drive's name. I guess there is a problem with the drive in Windows XP because I awas also having it work fine in Windows ME. Argh! All of the people in the searches I made could not find a "fix" for the problem. Anyone from [H] have any idea and can help me?
 
Back
Top