DVD Player Poll

I'm still a little torn between WinDVD and PowerDVD. Once I played a DVD in one of them and it sounded like a really poorly encoded mp3 with that annoying swishy sound, so I switched to the other for a while, then when I went back the problem was gone on that same DVD, so I can't even remember which it was anymore. I think lately I've been using WinDVD a lot more than PowerDVD, so I guess that's my vote.

I never did understand why people love using that player meant more for streaming over a network than being an actual standalone player so much... I like having actual stand-alone players and to seperate out things like normal video, normal audio, and dvds/vcds/etc into the seperate players that do them best.

Oh, and lately I've been playing around a bit with media player classic. It has potential, but I don't like how it handles DVD audio just yet.

PowerDVD.
I'd use zoom player, but I can't get it to work with DVD's or svcd's.

Pioneer 563A :D

I dont use my PC to play DVDs. well, if I'm authoring one I use DVD Studio Pro's preview player (which in essence is Apple's DVD Player)

I use a JVC DVD player myself.

At school, I use PowerDVD on the comp, but I want something else.

i primarily use my xbox but sometimes i need to watch stuff on my computer if my roomate's working or is watching the tv. for that i use power dvd. it seems ok. i'm only using headphones anyway so i probably wouldn't notice if it actually sounded bad.

Originally posted by Cheetoz
how do you get zoomplayer to work with a dvd? :(
the free version doesn't do dvd mode I dont think. You need the pro version

WinDVD is awesome I'll never use an other one. (Well as long as I don't have a G5)

Back