• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVD drive just disappeared.

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,279
My CD/DVD drive works just fine BUT when I put it a blank "Verbatim" CD to burn songs the drive just disappears. If I take out the CD and restart the PC the CD drive reapers again! How do I fix this? It's driving me crazy.:confused:

I'm able to rip a CD, but not burn one.
 
Last edited:
I uninstalled the CD drive and reinstalled it, it shows up under device manager but again when I go to burn a CD it disappears!

I was able to burn one CD but now the drive has disappeared again.
 
Last edited:
Drive is dead.


It happens.

OR it could be the upper filter registry keys are screwed up for the drive. Removing and reinstalling the drive normally does not fix this.

OP - what version of Windows are you running?
 
Windows 7 Home Edition
Service Pack 1

I already looked in

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"

and there aren't even any upper and lower filter registry keys to delete!
 
What program are you using to burn discs?

Have you tried installing the latest chipset drivers as well as the latest SATA drivers for your computer?
 
Back
Top