dvd compression

rockdragon

Weaksauce
ok, so i have been looking around a little for a program to copy and/or compress a dvd to its smallest size. i have seen people make movies only like 700 megs. so im jus wonderin what they use or anything that will help. thanks.

dvdshrink to get it to a more manageble size, such as fitting on a 4.5 DVDR.

Or just rip it to Xvid/DivX, or some other format to get it to even smaller size.
Quality degrades as required space decreases.

ok, another question. when i use dvdshrink, it makes them into seperate files, how would i be able to combine them into one file to play?

If you're looking for a way to put movies on one or two CDs, rip to DivX or XviD. On DVD-Rs, then use DVD-Shrink. If you want a way to back up DVDs while saving a lot of space, ratDVD, it'll compress an 8gig DVD to a 1-3GB file, and unlike DivX or XviD, it will preserve all the features, menus, and chapters on the disc. You can also restore the orignal dvd with full quality from the *.ratDVD file, although it takes about as long as compressing it in the first place.

out the dvd as an dvd or cd image.. then load up the dvd or cd image with your favorite virtual drive.. and play

I want the same thing, except what he is asking is to move the 4.7Gig files to arround 700-800mb a piece. Like he owns the dvds but he wants to have them on his comptuer also but not so big! :D HELP us helpless corn surrounded nebraska boys :rolleyes:

go visit the link i provided they will answer all your questions and tell you step by step how to do it.

Back