• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DVD Burner Question

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
1,860
I bought a NEC 8x burner and I use it very often to make backups of DVDs and to create my own. I own DVD Clone and well it seems to take forever. I use DVD Decrypter to take the image from the original DVD then use DVD clone to transfer it to my new DVD. It takes almost an hour for the whole process. What gives? Is this normal? Is there something I can do to speed this up? My system specs are in my sig. Thanks in advance.
 
Your NEC2500a is not the best ripper out there, and that extends your overall time. I'd suggest getting a dedicated DVDROM like the Lite-On 165/166 for the ripping. Also, why not use DVD-Shrink for the transcoding? It's free and fast.
 
well I dont want to buy a new DVDRW Id prefer just faster software. I will give DVD shrink a try
 
Ok, I just tried DVD shrink and it takes just as long as DVD Decrypter. Almost an hour.
 
Back
Top