• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVD Burner & DVD+R cd question

Coolguy123

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 8, 2002
Messages
86
I have a TDK indi DVD + - / + - RW DVD Burner... 12x DVD+R... 8x DVD-R...

Anyways. I got some dvd's dunno what brand they are possibly Comp Media Blank tops 4.7gigs up to 4x speeds. I've written to other dvds before with this burner, so i dont think its the burner. But with these CD's i have i try to write to these other DVD's and i cannot get it to open or see what i wrote to the dvds? I use Nero to write to the dvds. It writes to it. Nero says disk written successfuly. Then i try to read it and nothing is on the DVD?

Whats the problem? Dont tell me the DVDs are not compatible with this burner!
 
does it not work in your computer or not work in your home dvd player? alot of media wont play in stand alone players
 
Sounds like bad media. Nero is pretty good, you can always see the data even if the disk is not finished. See if any other, better media do it.
 
What kind of burning are you doing exactly? I've noticed than if I start a multisession burn I can't see anything past the first session I burn on the disk. Nero shows it as being there but the system itself can't see it. Not really sure what's up with it and I tried burning multiple times with several options and they never came viewable to anything except nero. I was using a plextor and nero with some memorex disks.

Out of curiosity what version of windows are you running and do you have all the patches installed?
 
Anarchist4000 said:
What kind of burning are you doing exactly? I've noticed than if I start a multisession burn I can't see anything past the first session I burn on the disk. Nero shows it as being there but the system itself can't see it. Not really sure what's up with it and I tried burning multiple times with several options and they never came viewable to anything except nero. I was using a plextor and nero with some memorex disks.

Out of curiosity what version of windows are you running and do you have all the patches installed?

Im using Windows XP Pro. WIth SP2 installed.

I tryed burning the cd multi layer and without multilayer. I cannot read the dvd either way.
 
Back
Top